QuickBooks is well-known accounting software that takes care of all the financial and operational needs of small to medium-size businesses. QuickBooks designed and developed by Intuit is trusted by millions of users across the world. It is their first choice because of the efficient and highly valuable features and tools that QuickBooks offer to them that keeps updating each year. One such tool is the Advanced Inventory tool in QuickBooks Enterprise that allows you to manage your end to end sales order fulfillment by using one central dashboard, it also makes it easier for you to track the items to specific bins within a warehouse, allows you to track quantity and value of inventory in multiple locations accurately. However, if you no longer need this feature and you are now looking for the process to turn it off then you have arrived at the right page, then don’t worry you can easily do this by using other Advanced Inventory features. You will have to turn off all the features you are currently using to turn off the advanced inventory. You need to go through this article thoroughly to know about the process to turn off advanced inventory in QuickBooks Desktop.
You will have to follow the steps mentioned below to disable all the features of Advanced Inventory:
- Open the Edit menu and then click on preferences
- Now go to the Items and Inventory, and then click on the preferences.
- Now click on the Advanced Inventory settings.
You will have to turn off all the features that you are using currently by following the given steps:
In Multiple Inventory Locations:
- First, you need to remove the checkmark from the Multiple Location Inventory.
- Once you have done the above step of turning off the Multiple Inventory Locations, then the QuickBooks will do the following things:
- It will keep all the site-related data that had been added to you but it won’t be visible to you.
- It will also hide every site related columns, fields, and reports from the QuickBooks Interface.
- QuickBooks will also restrict or prevent from adding the inventory-related transactions to any site.
If you are looking for turning on the preferences again, then you will have to follow the given points:
- You will have to assign a temporary site to each transaction you have entered because the preferences were previously turned off.
- Now you need to send the inventory from the temporary site to the permanent one.
- You can continue using the multiple locations tracking inventory as it was being used previously when the feature was not on.
- Serial/Lot numbers
- open the Serial/Lot Numbers
- Now, remove the checkmark from the Enable Lot or Serial Numbers
- Open the FIFO
- Now, remove all the checkmark from Use FIFO starting
- Barcode scanning
- Open the Barcodes tab.
- Now, remove the checkmark from Enable Barcode scanning
Important- You will be able to see the barcodes in the company file after you have turned the barcode scanning on. Your all barcodes are stored or kept in the company file even if you have turned off the barcode scanning.
- Go to the Advanced Inventory Settings screen and then click on the OK option.
- Now open the preferences screen and click on the OK option.
- In case you receive any warning message you need to click on OK.
QuickBooks Technical Support Service:
We hope that with the help of the information and solutions provided above you have been able to understand how to turn off the Advanced Inventory feature in QuickBooks Desktop. However, if you are still facing any trouble or have any doubt or confusion that needs to be cleared then you can directly contact the Intuit QuickBooks Proadvisors who are 24*7 available to assist you with resolving any kind of QuickBooks related problems, issues, or errors. The QuickBooks highly experienced technical support experts are known for resolving any kind of problems associated with QB instantly resulting in saving your time and energy that you can otherwise invest in attending to other needs of your business. You can get in touch with the team at the QB toll-free supportforerrornumber +1800-366-1468 to get an immediate response.