QuickBooks is a world-famous accounting software known for handling finance/transaction-related issues efficiently. This Intuit designed accounting software keeps updating frequently to add more powerful features and user-friendly tools. These tools and features then improve and facilitate the customer to use this software easily. One such feature of QB is the QuickBooks Point Of Sale System popularly known as QB POS integrated with QuickBooks. With the help of this feature, you can track your inventory, manage employees, handle sales report,s and so on. In QuickBooks POS you can also track the sales and purchase in real-time without even being technologically well-versed because it is too simple to operate easily. However, like any other efficient software this highly used accounting software also sometimes come across certain issues that are important to fix as soon as you notice them. One such issue that you can face is while trying to run the financial exchange in QB POS you are receiving the below error message appearing on your screen:
“This application is not allowed to log into this QuickBooks company data file automatically”.
The following can be the reasons behind this error message:
- If a user has not logged in as an admin in QuickBooks Desktop.
- The latest version released in QB Desktop QuickBooks Point Of Sale is not being used.
- The preferences are set to damage integrated applications in QB.
Points to remember before performing resolving steps
- You need to sign in as an administrator in QB Desktop.
- To get the best results the QuickBooks desktop should be running along with QuickBooks POS when running the financial exchange.
- Make sure you have updated the QuickBooks Desktop and QB POS to the latest version.
After verifying all the steps mentioned above you can now perform the troubleshooting methods.
Method 1- Refreshing Integrated Applications:
- Open QB > main menu> edit> preferences
- Click on Integrated Applications, then go-to company preferences.
- Out of various applications mentioned in the tab, click on QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale( QB POS) > click to properties.
- Locate to Access rights option, write down names visible in the login section.
- Delete the mark from the “Allow this application to read and modify this company file” option
- Click on the OK option.
- Now once again perform the initial four steps, but marking the Allow this application to read and modify this company file box.
- Go to the login section, select the similar name which you had used before, and hit OK.
- Run the financial exchange once again in QuickBooks POS
Method 2- Refreshing Transfer Of Info Between The QB Desktop And QB POS
- Start the QuickBooks POS and Desktop.
- Start file menu> click on preferences> then on company> then to financial.
- Delete the mark from the Use with QuickBooks Financial Software box and click to save it.
- Go to the edit tab in QB Desktop, select preferences, then click on integrated applications.
- Locate the company preferences.
- Click on the QB Point of sale, then choose to remove it.
- Click Yes on the Remove this application notification, then on OK.
- Click on the QB Point of Sale application and then click on the financial> go to financial center> finally to Set Up QuickBooks Connection.
- Perform the on-screen prompts (connection wizard) to complete the setup
- Start the financial exchange on the QB desktop.
QuickBooks Technical Support system:
With the help of the methods given above, you should be able to easily fix the Application Is Not Allowed To Automatically Log Into QuickBooks Company File error code. You will notice that the financial exchange now is running in QB POS or QuickBooks Point Of Sale without any interruption. Although if you face any issue while resolving the error or you are confused about how to follow/perform a particular step then you can get in touch with the QuickBooks Technical support department at supportforerror +1800-366-1468 this is a toll-free number that you can dial to get your queries answered and fixed instantly.