QuickBooks is great accounting software that is being used by millions of users across the world. QuickBooks designed and developed by intuit keeps updating itself to new versions every year to add more features and tools to improve users’ accounting experience. QuickBooks Desktop 2021 is the latest version that has been released by Intuit with better features and more efficient tools to its software. With this latest version released of QuickBooks desktop 2021 you can easily access your reports and other data. Although before you start using this newer version of QuickBooks desktop you need to know that your system needs to fulfill certain requirements before you can start using this updated version smoothly. These requirements can be slightly different from the requirements of the QuickBooks 2020 version. if you are confused about whether your system has these required system configurations or not, then you have arrived at the right page this article is going to take you through the most important points and information related to system requirements for QuickBooks Desktop 2021 that you need to keep in mind before you purchase or switch to QuickBooks Desktop 2021 from your current older version. If after going through all the points you face any difficulty or if you are confused about any point then you can directly get in touch with the Intuit certified Proadvisors at QuickBooks Support +1800-366-1468 to resolve your any kind of issues related to QuickBooks in no time.
- Windows 10, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows 8.1, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows Server 2019, Standard and Essentials
- Windows Server 2016, Standard and Essentials
- Windows Server 2012 R2, Standard and Essentials
- Windows Server 2012, Standard and Essentials
Important- you will have to use the windows natively and not use it via an emulator or virtual environment.
|Windows (natively installed)||● Windows Server 2019, Standard and Essentials
● Windows Server 2016, Standard and Essentials
● Windows Server 2012 R2, Standard and Essentials
● Windows Server 2012, Standard and Essentials
● Windows 10
● Windows 8.1
|Linux (when using QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions Database Server-only installation)||● OpenSuse Leap 15.1, 15.2
● Fedora 31, 32
● Red Hat Enterprise 8 (RHEL 8)
Make sure that you have the internet access for the QuickBooks Desktop 2021 version and it is best suited to the Internet Explorer 11 and later versions.
Following Are The Hardware And Operating System Requirements
|Processor||2.4 GHz minimum|
|RAM||4GB minimum, 8GB Recommended|
|Server RAM requirements||● 1-5 Users: 8GB RAM
● 10 Users: 12GB RAM
● 15 Users: 16GB RAM
● 20 Users: 20+GB RAM
|Disk space||● 2.5GB of disk space (additional required for data files).
● Additional software: 60MB for Microsoft .NET 4.7 Runtime, provided on the QuickBooks CD.
● Additional requirements for Intuit Data Protect in QuickBooks Connected Services offerings:
○ 4 GB RAM minimum.
○ Double the size of the largest file assigned for back up + 100 MB or double the size to restore. The space is only required from the work folder LocalApplicationData+”Intuit\Intuit Data Protect”.
Note: Use a Solid State Drive (SSD) to get the best performance.
|Windows||● US version of Windows.
● Regional settings are supported when set to English.
● To access the multi-user access, the admin access for the server is required.
● Locally installed and shouldn’t be used on remote or virtual environments.
|Optical drive||A 4X DVD-ROM drive is required for physical CD installations.|
|Screen resolution||● Best display resolution is 1280 x 124 or higher and you can add up to 2 extended monitors.
● Best optimized for Default DPI setting for a given computer.
Other Hardware Devices
- Zebra TC20/TC25/TC51 Mobile Computer is recommended (Android 4.4 & above)
- Zebra MC40 Mobile Computer (Android 4.4 & above)
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 21.0 can also support:
- Honeywell Voyager 1602g Pocket Barcode Scanner
- Socket Mobile CHK 7CI
- Symbol CS3070
You can integrate QuickBooks with multiple third-party applications easily. Following are the most common and essential apps that you are allowed to integrate with the QuickBooks desktop:
- Office 2019.
- Office 2016 that includes Outlook 2016 on both 32 and 64-bit.
- Office 2013 and 365 that includes Outlook 2013 on both 32 and 64-bit.
Important- Microsoft 365 can only be supported when installed locslly and not the web version.
- Microsoft Outlook 2016-2019 with the Email estimates, invoices, and other forms, Microsoft Outlook with Microsoft 365, Gmail, Yahoo Mail and Outlook.com, other SMTP-supporting email clients.
- To prepare letter you need Microsoft Word 2019, 2016, 2013, or Microsoft 365 that includes 64 bit.
- To synchronize the contact with Microsoft Outlook you need Outlook 2019 (32-bit), 2016, or 2013.
- Synchronisation with outlook needs QuickBooks Contact Sync for Outlook.
Important- the contact sync will not work with the Microsoft Business Contact Manager Outlook plug-in, hence syncing will result in duplicate records.
- QuickBooks Point of Sale V19.0, V18.0, and V12.0.
- TurboTax 2020, 2019, and 2018 that includes both Personal and Business.
- Lacerte 2020, 2019, and 2018.
- Pro-Series tax years 2020, 2019, and 2018.
- Quicken 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, and 2016.
- QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2021, 2020, 2019, and 2016.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: Business Planner, Payroll, and to view forms you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0 or later.
- To use the payroll and other online features and services you will need the internet access with minimum of 56 Kbps connection speed ( the recommended speed is 1 mbps) also it is advised to have DSL or cable modem.
- Gmail, Yahoo Email, Windows Mail, Hotmail and AOL (i.e Mozilla Thunderbird Email Client that supports the plain text version).
- Internet Explorer 11.
Antimalware And Antivirus Software Compatibility
You can find the list of antivirus and antimalware programs that have been tested with the QuickBooks Desktop Pro and Premier 2021, and Enterprise 21.0. To get an additional information on this you can get in touch with the antivirus manufacturer.
- Trend Micro Security
- Panda Dome
QuickBooks Technical Support Service:
We hope that with the help of the information related to the latest QuickBooks Desktop 2021 version that has been provided above might help you to understand whether you can switch to or purchase the latest QuickBooks Desktop 2021 version or not. If you are not able to switch you need to upgrade the system configuration of your computer as the new version does not work on the older system configurations. However, if you are still facing any trouble or have any doubt that needs to be cleared then you can directly contact the Intuit QuickBooks Proadvisors who are 24*7 available to assist you with the full-fledged solutions. You can get into touch with the QuickBooks Tech Support team by dialing toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-366-1468 to get an immediate response.