According to the federal taxes of United States of America, every employee who is making more than six hundred dollars in compensation in a year must receive Form W-2. The earnings of the employee must be from a single employer and the Form W-2 should disclose income and taxes withheld. In this article, we will show you how you can process and print QuickBooks Payroll Tax forms.
For any assistance with the process, call on the toll-free QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number +1888-382-7559. Our Intuit certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors are experts when it comes filing and processing W-2 forms.
Note: Intuit has recently made changes in the process of printing Payroll forms. Read this blog post to the very end or contact QuickBooks Support team to learn more.
- Make sure that you are using the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop. You cannot view or print W-2 forms in your QB if you are using a QB version which was released in 2017 or earlier as QuickBooks Desktop 2017 is discontinued.
- It is must to have QuickBooks Payroll Standard or QB Enhanced Service active in your QB account.
- You will not be able to view the form in your QuickBooks desktop if you are using the QuickBooks Payroll Basic Service. However, you can manually fill the form with appropriate details by using create a payroll summary report feature.
- Make sure that you have access to W-2 papers which are compatible with your payroll service and printer.
- If you are using Laser printer then utilize blank / perforated papers or preprinted forms.
- If you are using Inkjet printer then utilize preprinted forms for desired results.
- Make sure that you are using the latest payroll tax table.
How To Print W-2 Forms In QuickBooks Desktop?
When it comes to printing payroll forms, QB desktop is limited to print up to $9,999,999.999 only in box of a form. QuickBooks will automatically process the W-3 Form when you are processing the W-2 Forms. W-3 Forms are just a summary of the W-2 Forms and it can come handy in certain situations. However, do not pay heed to W-3 forms right now.
You will run into an error if more than 800 people are working for your business or organization. In a situation where you are encountering any issue with printing or filing W2 forms, it is best to consult the QuickBooks Experts.
Step 1: Pull up the W-2 and W-3 Forms from QuickBooks Desktop
- Open your QuickBooks and go to the top menu bar.
- Click on Employees and choose Payroll Tax Forms.
- Choose Process Payroll Forms.
- Go to File Forms in the list of forms.
- Click on the Annual Form W-2/W-3 – Wage and Tax Statement Transmittal.
- Click on the Create Form The form will not be viewable because of the following reasons:
- The form might be in the previewed list. Search the entire list for the suitable form.
- The form which you are trying to view is For activating the form go to Forms and select Make a New Form Active.
- Tap on the State drop-down arrow.
- Click on the W-2 form and select Add Form
- Go to Process W-2 options:
- Choose All Employees for filing the forms for all of your employees.
- Choose Employee’s Last Name.
- Select from and to for filing by batch.
- Open the SELECT FILING PERIOD window and click on the Year Field Provide the year of the form which you want to print. Click on the OK button.
Note: QB desktop stores only one type of tax form.
- Contact QuickBooks Support Team if want to print W-2 forms for 2016.
- Go to Select Employees for Form W-2/W-3 tab and choose the employees you want to print for. Click on All option to automatically select all the employees.
Step 2: Select The Type Of Paper And The Item To Print In The Print W-2 and W-3 Forms window
- Open the Print W-2 and W-3 Forms tab.
- Click on For Employees
- A list of recipients will appear.
- You will only be able to print one item at a time.
- If you are utilizing Preprinted forms:
- Go to the Select Paper
- Choose from Blank / Perforated Paper and Preprinted Forms: May require alignment.
- You can talk to our QB Support Team to learn which type of paper is best for you.
- Click on Select item to print
- For Employees
- 3 per page: copies B, 2, C
- 4 per page: copies B, 2, 2, C
- Employee filing directions: Mandatory if not already printed on paper.
- If you are using Preprinted Forms
- W-2 – Copy B: for employee’s federal tax return, 2 per page (1 per page if only 1 employee)
- W-2 – Copy 2: for your State or Local Tax Department, 2 per page (1 per page if only 1 employee)
- W-2 – Copy C: for employee records, 2 per page (1 per page if only 1 employee)
- Employee filing directions: Mandatory if not already printed on paper
- For employer
- W-2 – Copy D: for your records, 2 per page (1 per page if only 1 employee)
- Employer filing instructions: for W-2 and W-3 form
- For government
- W-3 per page
- W-2 – Copy A: for the SSA, 2 per page (1 per page if only 1 employee)Note: If you are filing Forms W-2 and W-3 electronically with the Social Security Administration, don’t mail Copy A.
- W-2 – Copy 1: for your State or Local Tax Department, 2 per page (1 per page if only 1 employee)
- For Employees
Step 3: Export The Form To Your PDF Reader And Start Printing
- Firstly, do a print test for checking and modifying alignment of preprinted forms. All the changes will be saved for preprinted forms until and unless you change them again. Skip this step if you are working with Blank/Perforated Forms.
- Click on the Print PDF All the forms that you have selected will be exported as a PDF file. Download and Install a PDF reader on your computer if you do not already have one. We highly recommend the Adobe Reader as it works smoothly with all the version of QB desktop software.
- You can now start the printing process by opening the PDF reader. Different PDF readers have different printing process. So follow the steps accordingly. For any help with PDF printing, you can contact us.
Fixing W2 Form Printing QuickBooks
The Intuit certified QuickBooks Experts of supportforerror are available 24/7 to assist you with any problems related to W2 form printing. Our support line number is available for these issues and more:
- Unable To Print W2 QuickBooks
- Print W2 From QuickBooks Without Payroll
- QuickBooks 2018 Print W2
- QuickBooks Print Old W2
- Print W2 Forms For Employees
- QuickBooks Print W2 From Previous Year
- QuickBooks W2 Printing Problem
Call on the toll-free USA QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1888-382-7559 to get instant assistance or support for your QB. We are the only top-rated QuickBooks Tech Support provider who offers Live QuickBooks Chat Support Service. Click on the chat icon at the bottom-right corner of your screen to chat with us right now.