It is vital to configure several settings in Internet Explorer so that it can work properly with QB payments and all other related apps. You can refer to QuickBooks Payments to know more about this. The incorrect Internet Explorer settings can lead to the following issues:
- A blank page may be popped, or the web page may get canceled.
- Web-based connections can face errors.
- QB Desktop connection problems.
- Some of the data may get missing, or the pages may load wrongly.
- Other internet connection problems.
If you are looking to know all the steps to Configure Internet Explorer To Work With QuickBooks Payments And Related Applications, this guide is the best solution. You can also get in touch with our toll-free QB Enterprise Support Phone Number +1-866-656-1012 for additional support.
When you are using any kinds of web-based features, ensure to restart your system. When you restart the system, the connection gets refreshed. Thus, doing this can help to reset the connection settings and fix the problems related to the internet connection.
When you face connectivity issues in QB Desktop and the rest of the web-based apps are working fine, it might be due to the firewall or antivirus settings. Sometimes, these settings restrict connection with QB payments. In this case, you have to manage the setting in the firewall or the antivirus.
No matter what browser you have set as a default browser, QB always uses the IE for internet connections.
Steps To Access IE In Compatibility View
- Run Internet Explorer on the system and tap on the settings (a gear icon). Go to Compatibility View settings. You can also do the same steps in the Tools option.
- Check the Display all websites in compatibility view box in the Compatibility view setting and close.
Steps To Edit The IE Options
- Run IE on the system and tap on the settings (a gear icon). Go to Compatibility View settings. This icon is located at the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap on Internet Options to make the following changes to settings.
You Can Add Intuit To The List Of Trusted Websites
- Go to Security and tap on Trusted Sites.
- Tap on Sites in the Add this website to the zone section. Type the official Intuit website and then hit the Add button.
- Perform the same step for QuickBooks official website.
- Hit the Close button.
- Tap on Custom Level and move to Miscellaneous.
- Tap on the Enable option from Allow Cross domains requests field and then click on the Ok button.
- Tap on Apply and then Ok. This will close the internet settings window.
- Shut the Internet Explorer and then rerun.
You Can Change Popup Settings
- Go to the Privacy tab and then tap on Advanced. This will take you to the Advanced Cookie Options.
- Check the Override Automatic Cookie Handling box.
- Ensure to accept the cookies for only first and third-party cookies. If there is any difference, you can change it manually.
- Check the Always Allow Session Cookies box and hit the Ok button. The window will be automatically closed.
- Ensure to untick the popup blocker section. The major aim of such security popups is to inform you about the transactions. In QB, it is important to allow these popups to allow the uninterrupted process.
- Tap the Ok button in the end to save the changes you have made.
Note: When you complete the payment account access, and it’s added to the popup settings in the Internet Explorer, you can change it to the previous settings anytime you like.
You Can Change The Security Settings
- Navigate to the Security tab and then click on the Internet option.
- To start the internet zone dialogue box, tap in Custom Level.
- Navigate to ActiveX Controls and Plugins and ensure to activate or enable the below-given options:
- Binary and script behaviors
- Download signed ActiveX controls.
- Run ActiveX Controls and Plugins
- Script ActiveX Controls Marked Safe for Scripting
- Tap on the Ok button to save these changes and close the security tab.
You Can Change The Advanced Settings
- In the Settings window, tap on Advanced and then open the Security option.
- Remove the checkmark for Do not save encrypted pages to disk.
- Hit the Ok button to close this window.
To allow the TLS 1.2, go to the advanced tab, and find the TLS 1.2 option. Make sure you tick the box.
When You Use MS Edge As a Default Browser
Windows has changed the default browser to MS edge in Windows 10 version. However, it also supports IE, and thus you can use it. This IE is not from Microsoft, though. In such cases, QB still access internet Explorer as a default browser. To clear the cookies and cache in this case, you can open the IE with the help of the below-given options:
From The Run Command:
- Press Windows + R on the keyboard to start the run command. You can also type in Run to the windows search bar and hit Enter.
- Insert Exe in the search field.
- This will open the IE. You can then delete the cookies and cache in IE.
From The Search Bar:
- Press the Windows key.
- Type in Internet Explorer in the search bar and hit Enter.
- Choose the IE from the shown results.
- You can clear cookies and caches in IE.
From Microsoft Edge:
- Run MS Edge and tap on the three dots at the right top corner.
- Select the option Open With Internet Explorer.
- You can then clear cache and cookies in this.
Contact QuickBooks Technical Support Team
This blogpost covers all the needful information to configure Internet Explorer to work with QuickBooks Payments and related web-based applications. Even though these steps are very easy to implement, there are some cases when you may find difficulties in changing settings. In such cases, it is recommended to get in touch with us on our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1-866-656-1012. Intuit certified QuickBooks Experts of supportforerror will help you with all the solutions to overcome QB-related issues.