The process of converting QuickBooks Desktop for Mac file to a QuickBooks Desktop for Windows or vice versa is known as Round Tripping. Since QuickBooks for Windows and QuickBooks for Mac use different types of database and the Accountant’s copy is not available in Mac so it becomes very important to convert company files from Mac to Windows and vice-versa. Here in this article we are going discuss to Convert a File from QuickBooks for Mac to QuickBooks for Windows. If you need any assistance during the procedure then you can contact QuickBooks Tech Support +1888-551-1563.
Prepare The Company File
First of all, follow the below steps to prepare the company file:
- Update QuickBooks Desktop For Mac to the latest version.
- Now copy the company file to the desktop.
- Check for any special characters in the file name and company name as !@#$%^&* then rename the file and remove the special characters.
- Select QuickBooks > Preferences > My Company to find the company name.
- Next, open the file in QuickBooks and remove all memorized transactions and memorized reports.
- Rebuild the company file
- Select File > Utilities > Rebuild Data
- Now Run the Custom Transaction Detail Report and change the date range to All and enabling the Memo column:
- Select Reports > Custom Transaction Detail Report.
- From Modify Report window, choose All from date drop-down.
- Choose Memo from the columns drop-down.
- Select OK to run the report.
- If any memo has more than 50 words or special character then remove them. If these, memos are significant then you can rename them.
- Rebuild the file again.
Convert Mac Company File To A Windows Company File
You need to process the below steps to convert the Mac company file to a QuickBooks Company file:
- Open your Company File in QuickBooks for Mac.
- Select File >Utilities > Export > To QuickBooks for Windows.
- Provide a name to the file and click on Save to save it on your desktop.
- Take a backup of the file.
- Transfer the file (.QBB extension) to the Windows computer.
- Open QuickBooks for Windows.
- Click File and then choose Open or Restore Company.
- Next select Restore a backup copy and click Next.
- Select the Local backup and click Next.
- From the backup copy, window browse and select the.QBB file that came from the Mac user and click Open.
- When prompted to convert the file then type Yes and then click OK.
Converting the Same File back to QuickBooks for Mac
You are required to follow the below steps to convert the same file back to QuickBooks for Mac:
- Open the company file in QuickBooks for Windows.
- Navigate to File > Utilities > Copy Company File for QuickBooks for Mac.
- Save the company file. (For ease, you can save it on your desktop)
- Next Transfer the file (with the .MAC.QBB extension) to the Mac system.
- Open QuickBooks for Mac.
- Select File > Restore > From a Disk.
- Select the file and click Open
- Click OK when prompted to restore a QuickBooks for Windows file.
- Type a name for the restored file.
- Click Save.
Get Technical Support
You can contact QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-551-1563 if any time you encounter any issue while following the above step. Your all QuickBooks issues will be resolved in quick time. We have a team of experts who have many years of experience in resolving such types of errors. Our QuickBooks Customer Support helpline is open round the clock to provide uninterrupted assistance. As an alternative, you can also seek assistance on QuickBooks Live Chat Support.