In this article, you will learn how to create a new company file from an existing one in your QuickBooks desktop software. QuickBooks comes loaded with many useful features and this is just one of them. All the QuickBooks Users can create a new company file from an existing one. But you need to use the Condense Data utility for removing all the old transactions from the QuickBooks first. This copy of the file will contain the lists of customers, vendors, items, etc. It will also store the templates, and preferences from the original company. In this article, we will provide you two steps to create a new company file from an existing one.
Copy An Existing Desktop Company File
These are steps implementing which you can create a copy of the existing QuickBooks Desktop company data file.
- First of all, create a backup of your QuickBooks Company data file. This backup file will acts as a fail-safe option if something happens with the company file.
- Now, restore the backup company file.
- Choose a folder on your local storage device where you wish to store the new company file.
- Now, rename the file.
- A copy of the original file will appear on your screen with the name that you entered.
- Check the new company file if it is working.
Remove All Transactions From A Copied Company File
You should take the help from the QuickBooks ProAdvisors of the supportforerror if you are also using QuickBooks Payroll. You won’t be able to remove all the transactions if you have payroll data in your QuickBooks of the current year. This is one of the limitations while condensing the data.
You can also choose to delete the transactions manually from your QuickBooks. It is as complex as it sounds if not more. Therefore, we highly recommend that you let the QuickBooks Experts take care of the issue. The other option is to create a new company file altogether. Once you create the file, you need to export the lists from the original company file and import it into to the new company file. You can also choose to export your form templates from the original file and import them into the new company file. But you can only import-export one template at a time.
- Open QuickBooks and head to file.
- Open Utilities and click on Condense Data.
- If a pop-up appears on your screen, select Yes.
- In the Condense Data tab click on All Transactions.
- Choose Next.
- Implement the instructions on your screen to remove the transactions from your QuickBooks.
Get QuickBooks Support Services From QuickBooks ProAdvisors
If you need any sort of support creating a new company file from an existing one, call on the toll-free QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number +1-866-656-1012 and get support from the Intuit Certified QuickBooks Experts who have helped millions of QB Users.
You can also make use of the Live Chat Intuit QuickBooks Support service on our website to connect with the Technical Support Department of QuickBooks. Both the Support line number and the Live Chat Support are active 24 hours 365 days. So if you are encountering any error or have any question on your mind, get in touch with the QuickBooks Experts. Call us today.