QuickBooks is an advanced accounting software that is preferred by millions of small and mid-sized businesses. It has some amazing features such as multi-user mode, online banking, and sales tracking. It also supports a portable file of your company data. In this article, we will talk about QuickBooks Portable Company File in detail and we will also discuss the ways to create or restore the QB Portable Company file.
If you are looking for an instant resolution or you want additional assistance for any QuickBooks-related issue, you can contact QuickBooks Customer Services on +1888-382-7559 to rectify your doubts.
About QuickBooks Portable Company File:
- A Portable Company File is a compact copy of your Company File. This compact copy can be exchanged through an email or transferred using a portable device.
- You can not include letters, logos, images, and templates in the QB Portable Company File.
- It also doesn’t include a Transaction Log File.
- QuickBooks re-indexes the Company Data when you restore a Portable Company File. Hence, this is a very reliable and effective process to resolve the Company Data issues.
Remember The Following Points Before you Step Ahead To Create Or Restore Company File
- Ensure the QuickBooks on your system is in the latest version.
- Log in with Administrator Rights to create and return the portable Company File. When you exchange the portable copy with someone, they can make changes to your admin password, transactions. They will also have full access to all QB sections.
- If you are trying to fix the company data issues, refrain from overwriting the original file while restoring the portable copy. Change the name of the file before restoring the portable company file.
- Use the Accountant’s Copy if you wish to send your company file to your Accountant.
Process To Create Or Restore Portable Company File
Steps To Create A Portable Company File:
- Run QuickBooks on your system and go to Files from the Main Menu. Select Create a Copy option.
- Tap on Portable Company File and hit Next.
- Choose the location to save the portable file.
- Hit on Save and Ok.
Steps To Restore Portable Company File:
- Navigate to File Menu and choose open Or Restore Company.
- Tap on Restore Portable File and hit the Next option.
- Tap on the portable copy and select Open.
- Choose the folder to restore the file and hit Next.
- Hit Save.
Remember that Load Manager, FAM or QuickBooks Statement Writer information does not get restored using the QB Portable File.
If you have restored the portable company file on a remote system where the original Company File is not stored, you cannot access Loan Manager, FAM or QuickBooks Statement Writer info. To fix this issue, copy and paste the relevant folders and files to the current file folder.
Loan Manager: Copy and paste the .lmr file that is labeled as [Company Name].lmr to the live location your QB Company File and then proceed to restore that.
Fixed Asset Manager (FAM): Copy and Paste the files from the below-given folders to the live folder and then restore.
- QuickBooks 2018: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files\FAM17\clients
- QuickBooks 2017: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files\FAM16\clients
- QuickBooks 2016: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files\FAM15\clients
If You Are Unable To Create Or Restore A Portable Company File
Method 1: Copy The QB Company File On The Desktop
- Open the folder once you save the file.
- Copy the .qbm file.
- Paste it to the desktop of your system.
- Long press the CTRL button and double-tap on the QB icon to get the No Company Open.
- Now attempt to create or restore the file.
Method 2: Attempt Accessing Sample Company File
- Tap on Open a Sample File from the No Company File window.
- Create a portable copy and save it on the desktop of your system.
- Navigate to File and tap on Close Company/Logoff.
- Attempt the restoring sample file you saved on the desktop.
Contact QuickBooks Tech Support Service
You will be able to create or restore the Portable Company File using the above-given information. If you come across any issues while creating or restoring Portable File, you can use the troubleshooting steps provided in this article. In case you are still having any doubts or you are unable to create or restore the portable company file on your own, you can contact the tech support team of supportforerror. All you have to do is calling QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-382-7559 to reach one of the experts from Intuit.