The validation process of QuickBooks requires you to enter the license number and a product code. You might face a QuickBooks Error if the encrypted file which contains the information regarding your license number and product code is damaged. In such a situation, the only solution is to delete that encrypted file and re-enter the license number and product code.
You can go through the QuickBooks Errors and Issues list to understand more about them.
Deleting The Entitlement File Will Solve These Errors:
- “Error: The validation code is incorrect or the service is temporarily unavailable when activating.”
- “Error 3371: Could not initialize license properties.“
- “Message: You cannot use Online Banking because QuickBooks is not registered.”
- “You must subscribe to accountant’s copy file transfer service” appears after you subscribe and sync.
- QuickBooks error while re-configuring your edition.
- Not able to click on Sync License Data online in your QuickBooks.
- “No Company” Open window does not have the edit list option.
Let Us Discuss The Steps Involved in Deleting The EntitlementDataStore.ecml File.
- Exit your QuickBooks (Desktop version).
- Open the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc on your keyboard.
- Click on the Processes tab.
- Sort the processes alphabetically or look manually.
- Look for all instances of QBW32.EXE and click on End Task to stop them.
- Open the Run window on your computer by pressing the keys Windows and R simultaneously.
- Type in the address C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 (or v6) and press Enter on your keyboard.
- Delete the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file by right-clicking on it and selecting “Delete” option.
- Open your company file and register the application.
If you are facing any problem while deleting the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file or registering your product, you can dial the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number at +1866-656-1012 and talk to one of our QuickBooks Experts regarding the matter.