QuickBooks is designed in such a way that it manages all the accounting needs of your business. QuickBooks can manage diverse aspects such as payrolls, bank feeds and inventory for your business. However, some errors can hamper your workflow while accessing QuickBooks. We will discuss some of such errors in this blog post.
Have you ever come across Error Code H202 or some issues while accessing QuickBooks in multi-user mode? The answer to such errors is Editing Windows Host File. Let us talk about all the resolutions to fix the issues related to multi-user mode in QB. You have the option to contact QuickBooks Support Number +1888-382-7559 for an instant resolution.
This blog post will help you to fix the damaged DNS(Domain Name Server) in Windows. In case you find difficult to follow the given steps manually or have any doubt about DNS, please contact QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1888-382-7559 or refer official Microsoft website to get proper answers.
Ensure to have accurate Administrator rights to login to the server system and any local system that is linked to the server system. Keep the pen and paper handy as you would need to note down the information that will be important throughout the process.
Editing Windows Host Files
Instruction 1: Find The IP Address And System Name Of The Server And Workstation
Follow the given steps to do so:
- Sign in using administrator credentials and start the Run window. (Press Windows + R)
- Open Command Prompt. (Insert CMD in the search bar of the run window)
- Insert ipconfig/all in the command prompt and press enter key.
- Make a note of Host Name and IP Address.
- Perform the same steps for another system.
Instruction 2: Editing Windows Host File
- Shut the QuickBooks and all relevant applications.
- Run the server system and navigate to start the menu.
- Go to either of the below two:
- Double-click on the relevant host file.
- Choose Notepad to select the program to open the host file.
- Insert the IP Address in front of the Hostname (server will have the workstation IP and Name and on the other hand, the workstation will have server IP and name). Hold the Tab key while putting this information to distinguish between IP address and Company name.
- Run the QB in multi-user mode once you finish the process.
If It Asks To Save The Host File:
You might come across an option that will “Save As” question if you are using Windows Vista/ Windows 7/ Windows Server 2008. This happens because User Account Control is active. Follow the given steps t do so:
- Give the name “Hosts” for the file under the Save As option.
- Save it on the Desktop.
- Go to the Desktop and right-tap on the saved host file.
- Copy the host file.
- Run the Windows Explorer. (Press Windows + E)
- Go to the folder: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc.
- Go to the Host File and right-tap on it.
- Choose Rename from the dropdown.
- Type OLD at the end of the name and tap on.
- Paste the Host File here and choose Continue.
Important: If other systems are using the OS Windows Vista/ Windows 7/ Windows Server 2008, then perform the same steps there.
Get In Touch With QuickBooks Support Services
Editing File Hosting will help you to resolve nearly all the issues related to multi-user mode in QuickBooks. In case you have any doubts about QuickBooks and you’re are finding difficulties while editing Host File, you can get in touch with QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-382-7559 to get instant support to resolve your issues.
Supportforerror is offering QuickBooks Live Chat Support for QB desktop users. Connect with us today to get effective error resolution support services.