The error in the XML file can occur when you are using the QB Point of Scale application (POS). Generally, this XML file issue is called QuickBooks POS XML Documents Error. Whenever users encounter with QB POS XML Document Error, either of the following error messages pops up on the screen:
“Chances of problem in XML document (0, 0)”
“Error: Process fails to access file C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v(x)\SessionData.xml because some other process is handling the same file.”
Main Causes Of QuickBooks POS XML Documents Error
The major cause behind the QuickBooks POS XML Documents Error is either the disfigured SessionData.xml file or the damaged QuickBooks POS application Entitlement Client folder.
Troubleshooting Steps To Fix QuickBooks POS XML Documents Error
Intuit has provided three different troubleshooting steps to get rid of QuickBooks POS XML Documents Error. The step you follow depends on the main cause of the QuickBooks POS XML Documents Error. When you are unaware of the root cause of the XML document error, you can try each step one by one in sequence.
Step 1: Change The Name Of The Session Data
- Start the Run Command and type in MSC. The Run command can be opened with the help of multiple ways. You can press windows+R key, or just type Run in the search bar of your windows.
- When you type msc and hit enter, you will get a list of options. You have to locate the Intuit Entitlement Service vX file and right-tap on it.
- Now, from the dropdown, click on Stop command and click on the X sign on the right top corner of the window to close it.
- Navigate to the Folders and Sections windows and enable the hidden files and folders.
- In Windows Explorer, follow the path: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\vX.
- Here, you can find the SessionData.xml file. You have to change its name to OLDSessionData.xml.
Step 2: Change The Name Of The Entitlement Client Folder
Note: Make sure all the hidden files and folders are visible before you try the troubleshooting.
Changing the name of the Entitlement Client Folder is easy. You have to follow the path: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 and Vista: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v(x.x)
Change the name of the folder according to the version.
For example, change the name of Version 12.0 and Version 2013 to v8. And, change the name of Version 10.0 to v6.
Step 3: Fix The Damages Occurred In QuickBooks POS
Ensure to close the QB POS app before fixing the damages.
- In the Windows Explorer, select the option of Uninstall or Change the Program and select your existing QB Point of Scale.
- When you tap on Uninstall or change, it will direct you to the QB POS installation window.
- Tap on Next and then click on Repair.
- Wait till the repairing of QB POS is completed. Hit the Finish button in the end. You can run QB POS to check if it is repaired.
Contact QuickBooks Technical Support Team
Resolving the QuickBooks POS XML Documents Error is easy with the help of the above-given steps provided by Intuit. Some users may experience minor issues while fixing the POS XML document error and here’s when our technical team comes into play. To get help on every single issue related to the QB POS XML Document problem, connect with our QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1866-656-1012.