Intuit Interchange Format (.IIF) Files are utilized to export or import QuickBooks details across various platforms for the efficient administration of organization records. In this article, we will learn to export, import and edit Intuit Interchange Format (.IIF) Files. For any type of assistance, you can call on QuickBooks Support +1866-656-1012. Before we proceed further, we will about the various limitation of Intuit Interchange Format (.IIF) Files.
What Are The Limitation of Intuit Interchange Format (.IIF) Files?
When you send or receive data through.IIF files, there are certain limitations which exist. We have listed below such limitations:
- You can only import transactions but cannot export them from QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks can process a maximum number of list entries.
- When you import an invoice and its payment then they are not linked together. You have to link them.
- You cannot import data in the item’s custom fields while importing assembly items.
- IIF files cannot be used to export payroll files from QuickBooks to other accounting products.
- You can import or export price level set up on a percentage basis but not on a per-item basis.
How To Export, View, And Edit.IIF Files?
The method to export, view, and edit.IIF is mentioned below:
- Open QuickBooks as an Admin in Single user mode.
- Open the company file and then click on the File menu
- Click on Utilities and then select Export and then Lists to IIF Files.
- Next, mark the item that you want to export and click OK.
- In the Export window:
- From the Save in: from the drop-down Select the location to save the .IIF file like your desktop.
- Delete the asterisk (*) and name the file in the File name field.
- Choose IIF Files (*.IIF) as the file type.
- Click Save.
- When the file was successfully saved message appears then click Ok.
View the exported file
- Open the location of the saved exported file.
- Right-click the file and click Open With.
- Select Microsoft Office Excel.
- When the wizard to convert a text file appears then click Next and then Next.
- Click Finish
Edit The Exported File
- Open the .IIF file.
- Open Microsoft Excel and then click on the File menu and choose
- Select the location of the .IIF file.
- Choose All Files in the file type field.
- Choose your .IIF file then click Open.
- When the Text Import Wizard appears then click Next and then Next and Finish. The .IIF file is now open in MS Excel.
- Do the required changes.
- Save the changes you made to the. IIF files.
- Click on the File menu and select Save.
- Click Yes when the prompt appears.
- Close Excel.
- Now you will be prompted to save the .IIF file again but choose Don’t Save.
How To Import .IIF Files?
Below mentioned are the steps that will help you to import .IIF files and also mentioned is the list of things that you can import
Steps To Import the Files
- Log in to your company file as the Admin in single-user mode.
- Open File menu and then select Utilities then Import and then click on .IIF Files.
- Browse for the .IIF file and select it.
- Click Open.
- Select OK when the confirmation message about the data has been imported appears on your screen.
Lists You Can import
- Chart of Accounts
- Customer: Job
- Other Names List
- Customer Type
- Vendor Type
- Job Type
- Payment Terms
- Payment Method
- Shipping Method
- Customer Message
- To Do Notes
- Sales Rep
- Price Level
- Sales Tax Code
Transactions You Can Import
- Account beginning balances
- Vendor bills
- Vendor bill refunds
- Cash sales to customers
- Cash refunds to customers
- Credit card refunds to customers
- Checks Credit card transactions
- Credit memos to customers
- General journal entries
- Payments from customers
- Purchase orders
- Account transfers of funds
Get In Touch For Technical Support
You can easily export and import IIF files through QuickBooks across several platforms with the help of the above steps. If any assistance is required then call on toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Number +1866-656-1012 anytime from anywhere.