QuickBooks needs an active internet connection to in order to function smoothly. QuickBooks error 12029 pops-up on your screen if your QuickBooks is not able to access the Internet. It might also be possible that some application is interfering with QuickBooks download.
If you are facing the QuickBooks error 12029 and searching for a way to get rid of this error, then read this article to the very end. We will be providing detailed steps for resolving the error 12029 but if in case you are in a hurry and don’t have the time to go through the steps, you can dial the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1-800-366-1468 and talk to our QuickBooks Experts.
Let us first discuss the possible reasons for which you are facing this error on your screen:
- You are having Internet connectivity issues.
- Secure Socket Layer settings are not compatible.
- Internet Explorer is not set as your default browser.
- An application like Anti-virus or Anti-malware is blocking the connection packets for QuickBooks.
These are all the possible reasons which can trigger the QuickBooks Error 12029 to pop-up on your screen. Intuit recommends the following solutions for getting rid of this error. Follow the order of the solutions and only move on to the next solution if the current one is not working for you.
Resolving The QuickBooks Error 12029
Solution 1: Try To Access Any Other Website
If you are not able to access any website, then your Internet connection is not working. In that case, you will have to call your Local technical guy to check your Internet connection.
Solution 2: Setting up Internet Explorer to be Your Default Browser
- Look for Internet Explorer icon on your screen and double click on it.
- Click on the tools icon.
- Go to Internet Options > Programs > Default Web Browser and select the Make default button to make Internet Explorer your default browser.
- Click on Ok and close Internet Explorer.
Solution 3: Check Internet Explorer Settings
- Double-click on the Internet Explorer icon to open it.
- Go to Tools > Internet options > security tab and click on the globe icon.
- Set the security setting at Medium-high.
- Disable content advisor by going to the content tab.
- Go to connections tab.
- Ensure that the right ISP is selected if you are using a dial-up node.
- Select Never Dial a Connection if you are not using a dial-up node.
- Verify that automatically detect settings is selected in the LAN settings.
- Go to Advanced Tab > Restore Advanced Settings.
- Click on settings and make sure that Use TLS 1.0 is marked and Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 are not marked.
- Click on Ok and restart your computer.
Solution 4: Clean Install of QuickBooks in Selective Startup
- Often, third-party applications on your computer can obstruct the installation of QuickBooks. That is why Intuit recommends installing QuickBooks Desktop in Selective Startup. In the safe mode no third-party application will interfere with the installation and hence there will be no need of troubleshooting them.
- Open the run command by pressing the keys Ctrl and R simultaneously on your keyboard.
- You have to type in msconfig in the text field and click on Ok.
- Go to General Tab >selective startup. Click on the box in front of Load system services and Load startup items.
- Go into the Services tab and disable all services.
- Checkmark Hide all Microsoft services by clicking on it.
- Restart your computer by selecting Restart in the system configuration.
- Now, you can uninstall or reinstall QuickBooks using a clean install.
These are all the solutions recommended by Intuit for resolving the QuickBooks Error 12029. If these solutions did not work for you, you can dial the toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number at +1800-366-1468 and explain your situation to our QuickBooks Experts.