QuickBooks is considered the best accounting and management software because of its innumerable features and regular updates. QuickBooks offers innovative tools and 24×7 support for its customers as User experience is at the top of our priority list.
Sometimes while trying to download the latest update available Users face some errors. We have provided a step-by-step guide for each error on our site. You can just simply go and type the error code in our search bar and the step-by-step guide will show up. If you are in a rush, you can opt for dialling the toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number and our QuickBooks Experts will get rid of the error for you.
QuickBooks Error 15222 most often show up when you are trying to download a payroll or update your QuickBooks Desktop, which is usually caused by:
- Your Anti-virus, Anti-malware or Anti-adware views the QuickBooks Update download as a threat to your system and it is preventing the download.
- Your Internet Explorer is not able to register digital signatures.
- Internet Explorer is not set as your default browser. QuickBooks needs your default browser to be Internet Explorer.
Now, that you understand the possible reasons which might have triggered this error. Let us guide you in getting rid of this error. We are mentioning all the possible solutions for this error, move on to the next solution if the current one doesn’t work out for you.
Solution 1: If you have Antivirus or Antimalware installed on your system follow this
Add exceptions in these programs
- QuickBooks processes by the name of qbw32.exe and qbupdate.exe are to be added as an exception.
- Add these domain names as an exception: QuickBooks.com, Intuit.com, and Payroll.com.
Solution 2: Updating Digital Signature Certificates
- Exit your QuickBooks.
- Go to this location C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks and search for the file by the name QBW32.exe.
- Right-click on this file and go to properties.
- Verify that Intuit, Inc. is selected in the signature list by going into the digital signatures tab.
- Go to Details > Digital Signature Details > View certificate and click on Install Certificate.
- Click on Next and reboot your computer.
- Open your QuickBooks and try to download the update again.
Solution 3: Verify Your Internet Connection Settings
Set Internet Explorer as your default browser
- Open Internet Explorer and click on tools.
- Go to Internet Options > Programs > Default Web Browser and click on the make default button to make Internet Explorer your default browser.
- Click on Ok.
Verify the Time and Date on your system
- Double click on the time display in the lower left part of your screen.
- If the date and time are not correct, modify them.
- Select the appropriate time zone.
Intuit recommends its Users to follow the above-given solutions to get rid of the QuickBooks Error 15222. If you are facing any technical difficulty while following these solutions or if the solutions didn’t work for you, dial the toll-free QuickBooks Technical Support Number at +1888-567-1159 and explain the scenario to our Technical Team. They will use their special tools on your computer to check for any error or corruption which might be responsible for this error 15222 to pop-up on your screen. Once they find out the root of the problem, they will nip it by the bud.
Intuit recommends its Users to follow the above-given solutions to get rid of the QuickBooks Error 15222. If you are facing any technical difficulty while following these solutions or if the solutions didn’t work for you, dial the toll-free QuickBooks Technical Support Number at +1800-778-7614 and explain the situation to our Technical Team. They will use their special tools on your computer to check for any error or corruption which might be responsible for this error 15222 to pop-up on your screen. Once they find out the root of the problem, they will nip it by the bud.