How to Fix QuickBooks Error 15270
“QuickBooks Error 15270: The (payroll) update did not complete successfully. The update is missing a file:”
Are you getting this message on your computer screen?
QuickBooks Error 15270 is related to the payroll related functions. You won’t be able to download the latest payroll update on your QuickBooks until and unless you get rid of this error.
You can follow the steps given below to get rid of this error. Also, you can dial the QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number +1800-778-7614 to take help of the QuickBooks Technical Team.
- If your QuickBooks is open on your screen, close it and reopen it.
- Click on “Install Later” if you get a prompt on your screen for QuickBooks Update service.
- Click on Help>Update QuickBooks>Update Now>Reset Updates>Get Updates. Click on “Okay” to confirm.
- When the update is done you will be able to see “update complete” on your screen.
- If a prompt from QuickBooks Update Service shows up on your screen, click on “Install Now” button. The update would be installed successfully.
- Navigate to Employees>Get Payroll Updates and install the updates once again. Ensure that Download entire payroll update is selected and select update.
- If the solution 1 doesn’t work for you, move on to the 2nd
- First of all, verify that your subscription is active. If you are using Basic, Standard or Enhanced Payroll: Navigate to Employees>My Payroll Service>Account/Billing Information or Account Info/Preference and check if your subscription is active after signing into your Intuit account.
- If you are using Assisted Payroll: Navigate to Employees>My Payroll Service>Account/Billing Information or Account. Close the screen to get a prompt for update and re-validation of your payroll service.
- Verify that the Internet Explorer is set to be your default browser.
- For a quick moment Turn Off User Account Controls.
- Rename the paysub.ini file. Follow this article How to find and rename or delete the paysub.ini fileon our website.
You also need to Perform a clean install of QuickBooks in Selective Startup.