The accounting industry was going through a rough phase and it involved a large amount of manual work which took a ridiculous amount of time and it was not efficient or accurate. QuickBooks came and revolutionized the entire accounting industry with its countless functions and features. Intuit also releases regular updates for all QuickBooks versions time to time according to the market trends and demand of new features.
If QuickBooks is not used as it is supposed to, you might face an Error. Do not sweat it; we have an in-depth solution guide for every error on our website. You can just go and type the error code in the search menu of our website and you will find the step by step guide. If you are looking for immediate help you can opt to dial our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number at +1800-778-7614 and our QuickBooks Experts will help you.
Now, let’s talk about the QuickBooks Error 3371. The message on your screen will be one of the following:
- “Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.”
- “Could not initialize license properties. [Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.”
- “Could not initialize license properties. [Error: 3371, Status Code -1] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.”
What Causes Error 3371?
- The Windows operating system that you are using is outdated. Please read the minimum system requirements for the version of QuickBooks that you are using.
- Your QuickBooks Desktop files are being abruptly stopped by your Anti-virus software.
- If you are trying to open the .QBO file before actually saving it.
- A file or component which QuickBooks requires is damaged.
E.g. MSXML component is damaged. This component is essential for QuickBooks as it is used to retrieve the information from the QBregistration.dat file allowing QuickBooks to open.
E.g. QBregistration.dat file is damaged. QuickBooks needs to access the license information and validate it. License information is stored in the file QBregistration.dat. If the file is damaged, your QuickBooks won’t run.
These are all the possible reasons for which you might be facing the QuickBooks Error 3371 on your computer.
Now, Let’s Discuss The Solutions.
Note: Follow the solutions in the order they are given. Only move on to the next solution if the previous one did not work for you.
Solution 1: Update your Windows
- Update your Windows to the latest version available. QuickBooks Desktop installation might not be successful or become susceptible to data corruption if your Windows is outdated.
- Press the Windows key on your Keyboard or click on the Windows logo.
- Click on “All Programs”.
- Click on “Windows Update” in the drop-down menu.
- After the updates are installed onto your Windows, try installing your QuickBooks Again.
Solution 2: Delete the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file stored in your Intuit Folder.
Solution 3: Use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool to repair C++, MSXML, .NET framework.
Solution 4: Use clean install to reinstall QuickBooks. Make sure you keep the installation CD and license number handy.
This should solve the QuickBooks Error 3371 on your computer. If in case the error still persists, you can dial the QuickBooks Technical Support Number and have one of our QuickBooks Technical Experts look into the matter. They will run a deep scan on your QuickBooks and fix the issue as soon as possible.