Are you searching for a detailed guide on freeing up space in Intuit Data Protect?
Well, your search ends here as in this blog post, we will cover all the steps to free back up space in Intuit Data Protect if you have crossed your storage limit.
Intuit Data Protect offers 100 gb of backup space and you will run into the QuickBooks Error 2261 if you cross this storage space. You will also receive an email from Intuit about this and information regarding the last backup failed.
You can choose to delete some older files to create some free space for new files. Here’s how you can do that:
Step 1: Check Your Intuit Data Protect Version
Make sure that you are using the latest version of Intuit Data Protect prior to freeing up space.
Check out How To Update Intuit Data Protect for more information.
Step 2: Delete Backup Folders
Important: Deleted backup files cannot be recovered. You can download the backed up file first as a fail-safe option.
- Go to the bottom right of your screen and right-click on the Data Protect icon.
- Now, click on Open Intuit Data Protect.
- Hit Ctrl+R keys.
- You can now delete the backed up files.
- Intuit Data Protect will show the exact size of each folder.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- Choose Delete option.
- Click on the Yes button for confirming that you wish to permanently get rid of the backup folder.
- Click on the OK button to complete the process.
Step 3: Reduce Backup File Size
But you can always avoid this situation by removing the files that aren’t necessary to back up.
- Go the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Scroll to the Data Protect icon and right-click on it.
- Choose Open Intuit Data Protect.
- Click on Change Backup Settings.
- Now, carefully examine and unmark all the files and folders that you do not want to back up.
- Choose Continue button.
- Now, exit Backup Settings.
- Moving forward, you can back up again.
How To Get Support For Intuit Data Protect?
For any assistance with freeing up space in Intuit Data Protect, you can get in touch with the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1866-656-1012. You will be connected with the Intuit certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors.
Our QB Experts will connect with you from a remote server connection and free up space in front of you. We also offer 100% refund policy and let us tell you, we never lose a client.