QuickBooks is a one stop-shop for all the Accounting and Financial Management needs of small or mid-sized business. Even though Intuit claims of QuickBooks being an User Friendly software, we beg to differ. It is User friendly if you are using the basic functions. But if you want to take benefit of all the tools and features, you will need to study up and supportforerror is home to thousands of articles. In this article, we will show you how you can Cancel A Direct Deposit Paycheck in QuickBooks.
You can also call on the authentic QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1-800-778-7614 to get support in task from the QuickBooks Experts.
Things To Remember When Cancelling A Paycheck
- It is not possible to stop a Direct Deposit which is in ACH processing.
- Off load time for ACH processing of your Direct Deposit happens at exactly 5:00 p.m. Pacific time, 2 banking days before the paycheck date.
- ACH processing time for the Direct Deposits is 5:00 p.m. Pacific time. You will have 2 banking days before the Paycheck date.
- If you void a Paycheck and send the void to Intuit post the offload time, it will not stop the DD from posting to your worker’s bank account.
Check The Status Of The Payroll
You can follow these steps to check the Payroll Status:
- Open QuickBooks and go to Employees > My Payroll Service > Account/Billing Information.
- Login into your Intuit Account.
- Select View Payroll Activity from the DD section.
- Now, provide your DD PIN.
- Search for the Check in Payroll transmission that you want to stop.
Cancel Or Void The Paycheck
- Open QuickBooks and go to Employees > Edit/Void Paychecks.
- Change the Show paychecks through/from dates to the date that is on the check.
- Hit Tab on your keyboard.
- Choose the check-in question, and choose Void.
- Click on Yes and choose Void.
- Repeat the steps for all the Checks.
- Exit from the Edit/Void Paychecks tab when all the checks are void.
- Go to Employees > Send Payroll Data and click on Send.
- No checks will be visible in this section. Your QB will connect to the Server and let them know of modified checks so that they can remove it.
- You can also look in the Bank register which you are using to Pay your employees. It may read: “Voided paycheck Payroll Service Funds Recovered.”
- In the Payroll liability check, the memo message will read: “Adjusted for voided paychecks.”
If The Voided Direct Deposit Doesn’t Show In The Send Payroll Data Window
Note: The following steps only function if no changes were made to the paycheck other than voiding it.
- Navigate to the voided paycheck.
- Choose to delete the information in the Memo field.
- Choose Save & Close.
- Now, re-open the Paycheck.
- Right-click on it and choose Void Paycheck.
- Finally, click on Save & Close.
- Confirm that the check is now void.
We believe that you were able to cancel the check on your QuickBooks. In case, you are facing any trouble with the entire process or need immediate assistance; call on the toll-free QuickBooks Technical Support Phone Number +1-800-778-7614. Otherwise, use the Live Chat Support services on our website to get in touch with us.