QuickBooks is an advanced Accounting and Financial Management software built for small and mid-sized businesses. At supportforerror, we provide a detailed description and step-by-step guides for QB features and errors. We are the number one source for getting the latest news for QuickBooks and its versions.
In this article, we are going to discuss how you can create an Estimate in QuickBooks. Estimates are detailed and professional proposals or quotes that you can send to your potential clients. You can also convert these estimates into an invoice or sales order when you get the gig. Creating an Estimate in QuickBooks is a very simple procedure and you can follow the steps given below to do it by yourself.
In case, you are encountering any issue with your QuickBooks while creating an estimate or any other task, dial the toll-free QuickBooks Customer Support Phone Number +1-800-778-7614 to get QuickBooks customer service from the Intuit certified QuickBooks Experts.
How To Turn On Estimate Feature In QuickBooks?
Follow these steps for turning on Estimate feature in your QuickBooks:
- First of all, sign in as the Administrator in the QuickBooks Company file.
- Now, go to the QuickBooks Edit menu and click on Preferences.
- Go to the left side of the screen and select Jobs & Estimates.
- Head to the Company Preferences
- The question “Do you create estimates?” will appear on your screen.
- Click on Yes.
- Click on Ok.
Steps To Create An Estimate In QuickBooks
- Open QuickBooks on your screen and click on Estimates / Create Estimates. You can also access this from the Customers Menu.
- Choose a Customer or Customer Job in the Customer:Job drop down menu.
- In case, no customer or customer job is available in the list, you can create one by clicking on Add New
- Now, type in the appropriate information in the respective fields at the top of the form. For example, Date and Estimate.
- Head to the Detail area and choose the item(s) you wish to do or add as a sale.
Note: You do not have to manually enter the amount or the description when you add an item as it will be automatically populated. QuickBooks picks up this information from description and unit cost entered when the item was set up. You can choose to delete or modify these details when you are creating Estimates.
How To Create An Discount In QuickBooks Estimates?
You have to create a Discount item in the estimate if you wish to apply a discount. Follow these steps for creating a discount item:
- Open QuickBooks and go to the QuickBooks Lists
- Select Item List.
- Now, right-click anywhere on the screen and choose new.
- Go to the New Item window and choose the Type in the drop-down menu.
- Select Discount.
- Provide the Item Name/Number and a brief Description.
- Head to the Amount or % field.
- Type in the discount amount or percentage that you want to provide to your potential client.
- In case, you want to provide different discounts, leave the Amount or % field empty.
- You can provide the amount straight into your sales forms.
- Now, go the Account drop-down again.
- Select the income account which you want to use for tracking discounts.
- Choose a suitable tax code for the item and click on Ok.
- Click on Save & Close to complete the process.
How To Get Support Services For QuickBooks?
You can easily connect with the QuickBooks Tech Support Department whenever you need any help with your QuickBooks. All you have to do to get QuickBooks Support Services is dial the QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1-800-778-7614. The QuickBooks ProAdvisors will ask for a few details so that they can verify your QuickBooks account. After that, they will take care of the issue for you.
We also suggest that you utilize the QuickBooks Chat Support service if you cannot stay over a phone call. For that, click on the Chat icon on the bottom-right corner of your screen and fill up the required information. Click on Submit button to get connected with the QuickBooks ProAdvisors.