When it comes to resolving errors in QuickBooks, it is very important to know the exact version and release of the QuickBooks software you use. We will discuss all the to-do things to understand the QuickBooks product version and release.
In this blog, we will provide all the information to locate the QB product version and update that with ease.
Steps To Locate The Product Version Of QuickBooks Desktop For Windows
- Run QuickBooks software and press the F2 key on the keyboard.
- This will display the information about the product that includes QuickBooks version, release, year, license number, permitted users, and more.
You can connect with our Intuit Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors for assistance on updating your QuickBooks product version.
In case you want to locate the QuickBooks Product version that was used to access the file previously, you can perform the below-given steps:
- Run QuickBooks and Press F2 key.
- You can also press the ctrl+1 on the keyboard to locate the QB product version.
- Select the Version Used On File option in the product info window.
You can find the most recently used QB version at the bottom of the list:
|V28||QuickBooks Desktop 2018|
|V27||QuickBooks Desktop 2017|
|V26||QuickBooks Desktop 2016|
Steps To Locate The Product Version Of QuickBooks Desktop For MAC
When you want to locate the QuickBooks Desktop Product version for MAC, you have to click the Help option and select the Product Information.
To update the QB Desktop for MAC, you can click on the Update QuickBooks option in the Help section.
Steps To Check The Version Of QuickBooks Statement Writer (QSW)
- Select QuickBooks Statement Writer in the Reports section.
- When the QB statement writer starts, click on Help and select About QuickBooks Statement.
- The About Window also displays all the product information.
To update the QuickBooks Statement Writer:
- Click on Reports and select QuickBooks Statement Writer.
- Follow Help Center<Update to update the QuickBooks Statement Writer (QSW).
Steps To Locate The Version Of QuickBooks Basic Or Enhanced Payroll
- Click on Employees Menu and Choose Payroll Center.
- Check the subscription status in the payroll tab.
You can refer to our Intuit certified and highly experienced QuickBooks ProAdvisors to know more about payroll subscriptions and payroll tax table updates.
Steps To Locate The Release Of QuickBooks POS (Point Of Sale)
You can perform the following steps to locate the QB POS version:
- Navigate to the Help menu.
- Click on About Point of Sale from the dropdown.
- This will pop up the POS product information window.
It is easy to update the QuickBooks POS app by clicking the Update option in the help section. You can choose to connect with our renowned and experienced QuickBooks ProAdvisors to get additional assistance on QB Point of Sale upgrades.
Steps To Find The QuickBooks Merchant Service Or QuickBooks Payments Version
Generally, the QuickBooks Merchant Service or QuickBooks Payment is used as an entry point to the merchant service server. This is the reason why there is nothing such as a product version for this feature.
In case you want to know more about the QuickBooks Merchant Service or QuickBooks Payment, our QuickBooks ProAdvisors can assist you and resolve all of your doubts.
Contact QuickBooks Technical Team
As mentioned earlier, understanding the QuickBooks version/release is very important to resolve many QuickBooks errors. This article is the perfect guide to locate the release or version of your QuickBooks and other features. When you are unable to find the QB version/release using the given steps, you have the option to call the certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors of Supportforerror on our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-366-1468 for instant resolution.