Are you looking for resolution of QuickBooks Error -6000, -83? Then you have visited the right place. QuickBooks is an amazing tool for business organizations but you may encounter issues while using it. We will learn about the causes of QuickBooks Error -6000, -83 and its solution. If you want to resolve the issue immediately then you can dial toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-366-1468
How Does QuickBooks Error -6000, -83 Occur?
Some of the possible causes of QuickBooks Error -6000, -83 are listed below:
- Several users are trying to host the company file
- Use of regional language in the Windows Settings.
- The way file is on Mapped Network Drive or UNC Path
- Absence of certain files during QuickBooks Installation.
- If you are converting your company file from the previous version over a network
- Windows user or QBDataServiceUserXX do not have sufficient permission on your network server.
You can contact QuickBooks Error Support any time to rectify the above causes of QuickBooks Error -6000, -83 from your system.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error -6000, -83?
There are many ways to resolve the QuickBooks Error -6000, -83. You can contact QuickBooks Support Number +1800-366-1468 to fix the issue instantly. You have to follow the below resolution as per the scenario:
Scenario 1: I Was Creating Backup Of My Company File
If you were creating a backup of your company file and then QuickBooks Error -6000, -83 occurs, follow the below steps to resolve it:
- Open File menu and Click Quit QuickBooks Desktop on your server computer.
- Go to the File menu and select Quit QuickBooks Desktop.
- Press Windows Start Key and type File Explorer in search bar to open File Explorer Window.
- Click My Computer > C: drive. Create a new folder in it and name it QB Test Folder.
- Create a backup of a company file and save it in the folder you just created in C drive.
- Restore the company file using the new backup.
If you cannot file the error then use the backup as your main company file. don’t use your old company file anymore. If the error exists then move to scenario 3 and scenario 4.
Scenario 2: I Was Restoring My Company File
If you were restoring the company file and the error appears then follow the below steps to resolve the issue:
Solution 1: Check Your Backup Filename
- Press Windows Start Key and type File Explorer in search bar to open File Explorer Window
- Search and open the folder that has your backup company file.
- Right-click the on the backup file with .qbb extension and click Rename. Remove any type of special characters, symbols, or spaces from the filename.
- Now right-click the folder holding the QBB file and click on Rename. Delete any special characters, symbols, or spaces.
- Now restore your company file.
If the error still exists then move to the next step.
Solution 2: Create A Portable Company File
If you cannot restore your company file(.qbb) then return and open the company file you created.
- Make a portable company file(QBM)
- Now use the portable company file to restore your company file.
If the error still exists then move to the next solution.
Solution 3: Restore Your Backup File From Your Local Hard Drive
If your backup file is on your server then move the file to the local drive(Usually C: Drive). Restore your company file. once the error is resolved then you may again move your company file in the server. If the error still exists then move to the next solution. You can also contact QuickBooks Customer Service team to fix the issue in quick time.
Scenario 3: I Keep My Company File On A Windows Server
If your company file is in Windows server then you require the below solutions to resolve the issue. You can also get in touch with QuickBooks Customer Support to get assistance.
Solution 1: Turn Off Hosting On Your Workstations
- Open QuickBooks Desktop on your workstation and Click File > Utilities.
- You will find the below options:
- Host Multi-User Access – the company file is not hosted on this computer and you can move to the next computer.
- Stop Hosting Multi-User Access – Choose this option, then:
- Click Yes in the Stop hosting multi-user Access
- Click Yes in the Company file must be closed window to continue and proceed to the next computer.
Follow the above steps with all the workstations. If the error still exists then move to the next solution.
Solution 2: Use QuickBooks File Doctor
Download and install QuickBooks File Doctor Tool on your system and Run it to scan your computer. It will resolve the issues if it finds any. If the error still exists then move to the next solution.
Solution 3: Restore From A Backup
If you have any recent backup of your company file then you can restore your company file. If you don’t have any backup then move to the next solution.
Solution 4: Edit Your Windows Hosts File
You need to edit your Window hosts file to resolve the issue. If you still find the issue then you can contact Intuit QuickBooks Support Number +1800-366-1468
Scenario 4: I Keep My Company File On A Linux Server
When your company file is in Linux server then you need to follow the below steps to fix the issue. You can also contact QuickBooks Tech Support to get assistance.
Step 1: Configure your Linux server
- Open Linux Database Server Manager on your server.
- Next, configure Database Server Manager and the directory in the Initord.conf file.
- Reboot QuickBooks Enterprise on your host computers.
If you still find the error then move to the next step.
Step 2: Configure Your Host File
First, ping your server to know the server name and the IP address
- Ping the server:
- Press Windows+R to open Run window.
- Type CMD and hit OK.
- Enter Ping(Name of Linux Server) At the command prompt and click Enter.
Edit the hosts’ file on the workstation with the correct IP address and Linux Server name.
- Close QuickBooks Desktop on all the workstation connected to your network. Open File Menu> Quit QuickBooks Desktop
- Press Windows+E to open the Computer window.
- Open Local Disc folder by following the path (C > Windows folder > System32 folder > drivers folder > etc
- Next click Open with and then Notepad.
- Add or Edit the IP address of the server after the last IP address listed.
- Click Tab key and add your Linux server name. (Linux systems are case sensitives so make sure that you enter the name with correct case)
- Save the file
- Now open QuickBooks and then your company file.
How To Get Technical Support For QuickBooks Error -6000, -83?
By performing the above solutions, you will easily fix the QuickBooks Error -6000, -83 on the Windows as well as Linux server. For any type of technical assistance, you can contact toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Number +1800-366-1468 for a quick resolution. You can also get step by step assistance on QuickBooks Live Chat Support.