What is QuickBooks Error 1069 & How to Fix it?
Millions of Small, Medium and Large size Organizations and Businesses across the globe are using the QuickBooks now. QuickBooks not only automates mundane tasks but also largely reduces the percentage of errors and mistakes done by manual work. You can accomplish a myriad of tasks such as creating Invoices, Filing your W2’s, Tax audit, Payroll and many more. To keep up with the market trends and demand for new features, QuickBooks releases updates at regular time intervals.
If a valid input is not given to QuickBooks, you might get an Error pop-up on your screen with the Error message on your screen. One such error is QuickBooks Error 1069. Read this article to the very end to understand what QuickBooks Error 1069 is and how to get rid of it.
“1069: Service did not start due to a login failure.”
This is the message shown by the QuickBooks error 1069.
Let’s talk about the possible reasons for which QuickBooks Error 1069 can come on your screen.
The Following List Contains All The Possible Reasons:
- If your QuickBooks installation was incomplete.
- Corrupted QuickBooks Data Services
- A resent password reset.
- If you are attempting to log in with a wrong user account.
- If your QuickBooks Data Service User is disabled.
- Virus, Malware or Adware attack on your computer.
- Improper Shutdown of your computer.
Now, that we know all the possible reasons for this error lets discuss the solutions for this error. Follow the solutions in the given order only and move on to the next solution if the current one does not work for you.
Solution 1: Enabling QuickBooks Data Service User If It is Disabled
- Press the Windows Key on your Keyboard or Click on “Start”.
- Go to “My Computer” or “File Explorer”.
- Select “Manage” by right-clicking on “My PC”.
- Select the plus sign (+) which is on the left side of “Local Users and Groups”.
- You will be able to see the Users on the right. Highlight the Users by left clicking on it.
- Look for QBDataServerUserXX, if it has a Red X, right click on it.
- Go into properties by left-clicking; uncheck “Account is disabled”.
- Select “Ok” and retry to use the service now.
- Move on to the next solution if this doesn’t work for you.
Solution 2: Resetting the Logon on your Local System Account
- Press the Windows Key on your Keyboard or click on “Start”.
- Type in “services.msc” in the search bar and hit “Enter”.
- Look for “QuickBooksDBXX” service and left click on properties.
- Select “Log On” tab and then click on the radio button next to “Local System” account.
- Select “Apply”, then “Ok”.
- Try again to use the service and if the error persists, move on to the next solution.
Solution 3: Reinstall your QuickBooks
Try installing a fresh copy of QuickBooks on your system.
If none of the solutions worked out for you, you can dial the toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Number at +1800-778-7614 and talk to one of our QuickBooks Experts regarding the technical issue. They will surely assist you in getting rid of the error.