QuickBooks Error -6000, -301
QuickBooks has garnered much of its respect because of its highly rated QuickBooks Customer service and the emphasis on User Experience. That is why we have a 24×7 toll free QuickBooks Support Phone Number through which we help hundreds of customers every day. QuickBooks has a complex structure and sometimes Users have to face certain errors because of that. That is why we have created this step-by-step guide so that Users can get rid of the errors by themselves. In this article we are going to talk about the QuickBooks Error -6000, -301. It pops-up on your screen with the error message:
“Warning: An error occurred when QuickBooks Desktop tried to access the company file. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact Intuit Technical Support and provide them with the following error codes: (-6000, -301).”
Now, you must be wondering what caused this error to pop-up on your screen.
These are the reasons which can trigger the QuickBooks Error -6000, -301:
- If your Transaction Log file is damaged.
- If your Network Descriptor file is damaged.
- Data Source Name is not functional.
- The QuickBooks Company file is damaged.
- A Encryption software is interfering with QuickBooks processes.
Now, that you understand what caused this error, let us help you in getting rid of this error for good.
Intuit recommends four solutions which can resolve this error for you. Follow the order of solutions and only move to the next solution if the current one doesn’t work for you.
- Open the location where your QuickBooks is installed and search for your company file.
- There would be some files with the same name as your Company file but with extensions like .tlg, .nd or .dsn.
- Rename each file.
- Right-click on the file and select rename for renaming the file.
- Add the prefix .OLD to all the files.
Note: Changing the file names will not harm your QuickBooks.
Solution 2: Use QuickBooks File Doctor
If you are using a QuickBooks version which was released after 2016, you will be prompted to utilize the built-in File Doctor. Intuit recommends its Users to download the latest version of QuickBooks File Doctor because that has the highest chance of resolving your error.
Note: QuickBooks File Doctor doesn’t support Mac operating system.
- File Doctor will be launched automatically after it is downloaded, or you can manually open it from the icon on the desktop.
- Locate your company file from the list. If your company file is not on the list, click on Browse and choose your company file.
- Follow the instructions on your screen and choose the options which describe your scenario.
- Wait for the File Doctor to finish and then restart your computer.
- Try to access your company file.
Solution 3: Disable All Encryption Software on Your System
Intuit does not recommend using third-party applications to encrypt your company file as that can damage the company file. You can contact your encryption software vendor and ask for detailed instructions for disabling it or ask them to do it for you.
Solution 4: Download and Install the Latest updates
You can either update your QuickBooks manually or choose to do it automatically. If you want your QuickBooks to be automatically updated, Turn on Automatic Update for your QuickBooks. Intuit recommends updating your QuickBooks at least one time in a month.
If the error is still not resolved, then the problem is a lot severe than you anticipated. We recommend that you immediately call the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone number at +1888-500-2955 and talk to our QuickBooks Experts. They will use their special tools to find out what is wrong with your QuickBooks and fix it for you so that you can get to work as soon as possible.