Do you know that QuickBooks 2017 versions are expiring after May 31, 2020?
In this blog post, we are covering all there is to know about QuickBooks Desktop service discontinuation. We will also be covering upgrade options which are available to you.
Intuit ensures to give you an advance notice via mail, email, in-product notifications, and this website. We highly recommend that you keep an eye on all the products which are getting discontinued and the newer versions which are available.
QuickBooks Versions That Are Getting Discontinued
|Fully supported products
||Products for which services will be discontinued after May 31, 2020
|QuickBooks Desktop Pro and Premier 2020, 2019, 2018
||QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2017QuickBooks Desktop Premier 2017 (General Business, Contractor, Manufacturing & Wholesale, Nonprofit, Professional Services, and Retail)
|QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 20, 19, 18
||QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 17
|QuickBooks Desktop Accountant 2020, 2019, 2018
||QuickBooks Premier Accountant Edition 2017
|QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 18.0
Services That Won’t Work After May 31, 2020
- Assisted Payroll
- Basic, Standard, or Enhanced Payroll
- Workers’ Comp Payment Service
- QuickBooks Workforce (formerly ViewMyPaycheck)
Credit Card Processing
- Merchant Services
- Merchant Service Deposit (reconciliation)
- Recurring Payments
- Accountant Copy Transfer Service
- Multi-currency/Exchange Rate
- Online Banking
- Bill Pay
System requirements for QuickBooks 2020 and Enterprise Solutions 20.0
- Windows 10, all editions containing 64-bit, natively installed1
- Windows 8.1 (Update 1) all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows 7 SP1 all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2011, Standard and Essentials
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Windows: Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2011, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows 10, Windows 8.1 (update 1) or Windows 7 SP1 (Enterprise and Professional editions only), natively installed.
- Linux: When using QBES Database Server-only installation – OpenSuse 42.3, Fedora 27, Red Hat Enterprise 7 (RHEL 7.4)
Hardware and Operating system requirements (client and server)
||2.4 GHz minimum
||4GB minimum, 8GB Recommended
Server RAM Requirements
- 1-5 Users: 8GB RAM
- 10 Users: 12GB RAM
- 15 Users: 16GB RAM
- 20 Users: 20+GB RAM
- 2.5GB of disk space (additional required for data files)
- Additional software: 60MB for Microsoft .NET 4.6 Runtime, provided on the QuickBooks CD
- Additional requirements for Intuit Data Protect in QuickBooks Connected Services offerings (applies to the US only)
- Require minimum 4.0GB RAM
- Twice the size of the largest file set to back up + 100MB or twice the size to restore. The space is only required from the work folder LocalApplicationData+”Intuit\Intuit Data Protect”
Note: Storing a large .QBW data file on an SSD will greatly speed up performance and is encouraged.
- US version of Windows
- Regional settings are supported when set to English
- Administrator rights required for the server computer when hosting Multi-User access
- Natively installed – means it was installed on a particular system or environment that it was designed for. This also means it doesn’t need to run in a virtual environment or emulation software.
||4X DVD-ROM drive required for CD installations (unless QuickBooks is downloaded from Intuit server)
- Display optimized for 1280 x 1024 screen resolution or higher with up to 2 Extended monitors
- Best optimized for Default DPI setting for a given computer.
Firewall & Antivirus Software Compatibility
The QuickBooks ProAdvisors of supportforerror have tested QuickBooks 2020 – Pro, Premier, Enterprise, Accountant versions with the following anti-virus and firewall applications.
- Windows Server Firewall (all editions)
- Windows 8.1 Firewall (all editions)
- Windows 7 Firewall (all editions)
- Microsoft Security Essentials
Minimum System Requirements For QuickBooks Mac 2020
- At least macOS 10.12 (Sierra); supported by macOS 10.13 (High Sierra), macOS 10.14 (Mojave)
- Intel processor, Core 2 Duo or higher
- Multiuser Server: Intel Core 2 Duo or higher processor to run the server
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB RAM recommended)
- 250 MB of available disk space
- CD/DVD drive or Internet connection for the downloaded installation
- Printer: 100% Macintosh-compatible printer, if you plan to print invoices, checks, deposit slips, lists, purchase orders, mailing labels, reports, or graphs
- Checks: Use Intuit Checks if you plan to print checks. Canadian Image Ready Checks are not supported.
- Product registration required
Get QuickBooks Tech Support For Upgrading
We highly recommend that you update your QuickBooks Desktop software be it pro, premier or enterprise to the QuickBooks Desktop 2020 as soon as possible if you want to keep using your QB. You can get in touch with us to get more information about the discontinuation policy by calling us on QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1-888-500-2955.
Upgrade your QuickBooks version to the QuickBooks 2020 by contacting us via our QuickBooks Live Chat Support Service.