QuickBooks is one of the most efficient and powerful accounting and management software for MAC. Millions of small and mid-sized business owners and accountants all over the world use it. But sometimes while importing a .QBO file from a reputed financial institution or Bank in QB Mac, users run into QuickBooks Error OL-222 message:
“QuickBooks was not able to complete your request. Please contact your financial institution. (OL-222)”
QuickBooks Error Code OL-222 implies that QB did not get an appropriate response from your Bank’s server. In most cases, you will encounter the QB Error 222 because of a parsing error. When a .QBO file has one or more non-compliant characters; it creates a parsing error. Check out and follow the Open Financial Exchange (OFX) standard for exchanging financial data with QB to avoid such errors.
You can also face Error 222 of QuickBooks if the .QBO file is formatted incorrectly after downloading a Web Connect file from an approved bank.
Apply the steps given below in this article to manually resolve the QuickBooks Error OL-222. All the steps are easy to implement and do not require any prerequisites. But if you are in a rush and do not have the time to go through this entire content and perform the steps on your computer, contact the QuickBooks ProAdvisors.
Dial the toll-free USA QuickBooks Customer Service Number +1866-656-1012 to contact the certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors.
Solutions For QuickBooks Error OL-222
Apply the solutions given below for resolving the QB Error Code OL-222 or contact the QuickBooks Experts.
Solution 1: Update To The Latest Release
- You should update your QuickBooks to the latest release to get rid of the error 222 of QB. Follow the steps given in this article: Update QuickBooks To The Latest Release.
- Now, you need to Back up the QuickBooks Company file. We have created a detailed guide on how to create a Backup of the QuickBooks Company file. Read How To Create A Backup Of Your QuickBooks Company File for more information.
- Finally, you have to import the .qbo file once again. Check if this solution resolved the QuickBooks Error OL-222. If not, move on to the next solution.
Solution 2: Correct Invalid Formatting
If there are any invalid characters in the .QBO file, get rid of them. An example of an invalid character would be using “&” in the .qbo file. Open the file in Text edit mode and get rid of all invalid characters and you should be able to import the .qbo file without any problem.
If you need help with removing invalid characters, get in touch with the certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors of supportforerror. We will communicate with your Bank and make them aware of this.
QB will not import any .qbo file that does not follow the OFX guidelines.
Solution 3: Download A New FIDIR.txt File
Note: Create a backup of your company file prior to implementing this solution. Also, close your QuickBooks.
- Press and hold the Control key on your keyboard and click on the version of QB that you are utilizing for downloading the file.
- Go to Download QuickBooks For Mac and select Download Linked File As.
- Save it on your computer.
- Get rid of the old FIDIR.text.
- FIDR # 1
- Go to the Finder menu bar and hit it the option key.
- Now, select Go and then Library.
- Search the Download folder – Application Support/com.intuit.QuickBooks20XX/Downloads.
- Get rid of the FIDIR.txt.
- FIDR # 2
- Go to the top menu bar and select Go.
- Now, choose Applications.
- Hit the Control key on your keyboard.
- Choose QuickBooks 20XX.
- Go to the contextual menu and click on Show Package Contents.
- Now, double-click on the Contents folder and head to the Resources folder.
- Look for “FIDIR.txt” file and delete it by moving it into the Trash.
- Go to your downloads folder and copy the new FIDIR.txt file.
- Paste the new FIDIR.txt file into the Resources and Downloads folder.
- You should be able to import the .qbo file now.
- FIDR # 1
Get QuickBooks Technical Support Service
If you need technical assistance in resolving the QuickBooks Bank Error OL-222 or you want to talk to the QuickBooks Experts, call on the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1866-656-1012 or click on the QuickBooks Live Chat Support button.
We offer 24×7 QuickBooks Technical Support Services for all versions and editions of QuickBooks.