Intuit release regular updates for all its QuickBooks versions including Pro, Premier, and Enterprise every year. In this blog post, we will cover all the new features and improvements in the latest updates for the QB Desktop 2020 versions and Enterprise 20.0.
The blog post is divided into 5 sections or Releases the latest being March 2020 release.
Make sure that you enable automatic updates in your QB to benefit from these latest updates. Also, you can get in touch with the QuickBooks Experts of supportforerror to learn about and install the latest update for your QB.
Connect with the QB Experts by dialing the 24×7 QuickBooks Support Number +1866-656-1012.
Release 6 (R6) – March 2020
Details of Release 6
|Intuit Account Login||· User is now asked to log in to their Intuit account while:
· When the user tries to create a new company file
· When the user wants to open an existing file
|Simplify Install||We have improved the migration tool for moving QB from one computer and it is more reliable now.|
|Federal W4 Changes||· Payroll reports & Export to .xml now contains data from the new W-4|
|TSheets Integration||· If you want to create a new TSheets account now, you will need your existing Intuit account login.|
|Fixed Asset Manager||· We have updated the Fixed Asset Manager for Tax Year 2019. It also comes withe TY19 Auto Limits update as well as the Vehicle depreciation safe harbor election.|
|1099 Misc E-Filing through Intuit||· QB Desktop customers will be able to efile 1099 Misc forms via an Intuit service, in addition to the Tax 1099 service.|
|Bug Fixes||· Resolved an error where the “See History” link for an invoice seemed blank because credits were applied to it.
· Resolved an issue that triggered the prior invoice number to display when recording a bounced check against a particular invoice
· Resolved the issue that caused an error while sending a sales receipt email for E-check payment.
· Resolved an issue that caused the timestamp in the Transactions tab to show 1969 for memorized transactions.
· Resolved an issue that caused the Cost to Complete by Job Detail report to show all zeros.
Release 5 (R5) – December 2019
Details of Release 5
These are the modifications for the 2020 Payroll compliance.
|US Federal W-4 2020||· QuickBooks Payroll now supports the new 2020 W-4 as well as continuing to support the 2019 and prior W-4.|
|Payroll Reports||· You can now generate reports for State Mandated Retirement deductions for Oregon, Illinois and California.|
|US Payroll Compliance||· Payroll has been updated to ensure continued compliance with United States payroll tax laws.|
|Simplify Install||· The install experience has been updated to be easier and more stable.|
|Preview PDF attachment with email||· QuickBooks now automatically shows a preview of the email attachments.|
|Landed cost v2 (QBES)||· Have the flexibility to calculate landed costs for transactions under closed accounting period as well.
· Added the option to use COGS account for Landed cost calculation in addition to Other Current Asset account type.
· Added the option to choose the print bill functionality with or without Landed cost.
· You can filter Shipping and Handling bills using the bill status.
|Payroll Liability Reminder||· You can now set up reminders/alerts for payroll liability due dates in third party applications like MS Outlook, Google Calendar, iCalendar and Windows Calendar. You can also export these events in .ics files which can be imported into any calendar application.|
|Bug Fixes||· Fixed an issue which showed incorrect results in the income or bill tracker filtering transactions by ‘Last Fiscal YTD’.
· Fixed an issue where PO number field entered on an invoice appears blank when transactions for a given customer are exported as a report.
· Fixed an issue where multiple email addresses in the main email field for a customer were not getting imported using IIF Import.
· Customers who receive combined email for multiple invoices with payment links can now see correct due date for the invoices.
Release 4 (R4) November 2019
This update came with updates for the internal systems of QB and did not affect the user experience. Therefore, we will not be mentioning the changes.
Release 3 (R3) October 2019
Details of Release 3
- Now, users can access QB Capital for payments customers.
- You also get the option to self set-up for Employees.
|QB Capital||· Payments customers now have access to QB Capital, an Intuit provided loan program, as a business funding option|
|Payments||· QuickBooks Desktop payroll users now have easy access to activating payments services|
|Payroll Onboarding||· Employers can now invite employees to self-setup via a secure website|
|Other updates||· Updated to comply with new Gmail requirements
· QuickBooks 2020 is now compatible with Microsoft Office 2019
· Automated payment reminders can now be combined into a single email for customers who also use QuickBooks Payments
· Easy activation of payments services for existing payroll customers
|Bug Fixes||· Corrected help links for landed cost (QBES)
· Provided link to solution when QuickBooks asks to close all Outlook windows when sending invoices
· Resolved issue preventing printing of more than 10 picklists (QBES)
· Fixed issue with item warning message when class is not assigned (when prompt for assigning classes is turned on)
· Fixed crash when entering a memorized transaction with date prior to dividing date
· In Send Reminder window, the “Send” button will be disabled when there are no emails to send
· Send Reminder window will close when pressing the “esc” key
· Checks will no longer show “To be printed” after printing if “Enter” key is used instead of mouse pointer
· Resolved crash when applying credits on the same job
· Fixed the Service Messages unavailable error in Update Now option
· When selecting “Need your review” ribbon, all appropriate transactions will display regardless of initial filter
· Can now enter up to 400 Ship to addresses via QuickBooks Software Developer Kit (SDK)
Release R1 (R1) – September 2019
|Bug Fixes||· Exporting a large report to Excel now supports more than 256 columns
· Fixed exception handling issue when selecting the Statement Writer “Cancel” button
· Performance enhancements for FIFO enabled company files (especially effective for large company files)
· Resolved issue where you had difficulties resizing the reports window when using multi-monitor mode with a vertical monitor
· QuickBooks will now correctly install without internet connection
· You can now modify a contact after converting a lead into a customer
· Clicking back on Self-Help window now takes you back to the previous page, not the primary search screen
· Resolved issue where you were unable to send general journal entries from QuickBooks
We hope that now you understand what Releases are and how they impact QuickBooks users. You can go through this blog post again if you have any doubts or you can get in touch with us. Call on the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1866-656-1012 to talk to us.