QuickBooks Error code 12031 is one of the 12000 error series that occurs in QuickBooks software. This error is associated with QB update issue. QuickBooks Error 12031 occurs while updating the QuickBooks software or payroll services. Generally, this error takes place when the network timeout interrupts the update process of the software.
QuickBooks Error 12031 is a common error but it can damage your QB Company File and the software itself. In this blog post, we bring you all the efficient and effective solutions for fixing the QuickBooks Error code 12031. You can rely on supportforerror to get detailed guides to fix QuickBooks errors. All the solutions are provided on our website are double checked by the Intuit certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors. To connect with the QB Experts dial the toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1800-366-1468 immediately.
Causes Of QuickBooks Update Error 12301
There can be many factors that can cause the error code 12031 in QuickBooks and it is necessary to recognize the main causes to solve it. We have mentioned below some of the most common reasons that might cause QuickBooks Error 12301. Main factors that can cause this issue are as following:
- Instability of internet connection.
- Network timeout or sudden power failure.
- Firewall settings or the Antivirus program are not allowing QuickBooks to update.
- Your default browser is not the Internet Explorer.
- Settings of SSL are not correct.
Resolve QuickBooks Error 12031
There can be many factors due to which the error can take place in your software. But, there are two situations which trigger the error 12031 to appear on your screen. It can occur when you update the QuickBooks software or the payroll services. In this article, we are providing two different solutions for both situations. Steps to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 12031 are as following:
If The Error Code Occurred While Updating QuickBooks Software
- Run Internet Explorer.
- Tap on Internet Connection Settings.
- Check the name of the network on which your system is connected. If the Use My Computer’s Internet Connection To Establish Connection is chosen, and it is the same as your computer’s connection, then tap on Next.
- Tap on Save.
- Click on the cross and close the Internet Explorer,
- Now, update the QuickBooks software.
If The Error Code Occurred While Updating Payroll Services
- From the main menu, access Internet Explorer and.
- Head to the Internet Connection Setup.
- Tap on Internet Properties.
- Navigate to the Advanced tab.
- Ensure that Use SSL 2.0 is selected and if not then, select it.
- Tap on Apply and then tap on OK.
- Close Internet Explorer.
- Now, try to update the QB payroll services.
Support For QuickBooks Error 12031
Try both the solutions steps-wise that are provided by our experts of supportforerror and you will be able to resolve the error manually. In case you are still unable to fix the QuickBooks Error 12031 by applying the above given steps or having any doubt then you can contact our highly experienced Intuit certified QuickBooks Experts. You can reach the experts by dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-366-1468. Our QuickBooks Tech Support Team is capable of resolving any QuickBooks error or issue in the minimum time possible.
If you want to chat with the QuickBooks Experts then use the QuickBooks Live Chat Support service. We look forward to assist you. Contact us today!