QuickBooks is one of top-rated accounting and management software designed for small and mid-sized businesses. It is undoubtedly one of the most powerful and advanced accounting software. You can choose from different versions of QB available like Pro, Premier, Enterprise, Payroll, and Online. But sometimes while installing or updating QuickBooks users run into the QuickBooks Error 1612.
In this blog post, we are discussing the QuickBooks Installation Error 1612 and we will also show you how to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 1612.
For a quick resolution, we highly recommend the QuickBooks Technical Support Services of supportforerror. You can connect with the QuickBooks Experts by calling on the USA QuickBooks Support Number +1866-656-1012.
What Causes QuickBooks Error Code 1612?
In most cases, QB Error Code 1612 is triggered when .msi file (windows installer database file) is missing from the Installer Cache. Whenever you are installing QuickBooks software, your computer reads the .msi file and loads it into the cache of Windows installer.
If there is any issue with the .msi file or if it is missing, you will run into the QuickBooks installation error 1612.
Some other causes for QuickBooks Error 1612:
- You are trying to install QuickBooks from a damaged CD.
- Windows registry files are damaged or missing.
- Virus or malware attack on crucial data files.
- Improper shutdown of PC.
- Accidentally deleting Windows installer files.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 1612?
The QuickBooks ProAdvisors of supportforerror recommend the below given steps for fixing QB installation errors. You can also choose to directly contact the QuickBooks Experts.
- Download the Microsoft Fix It tool from the official website.
- Install and run the tool on your computer.
- Once the tool is open on your screen, click on the Run Now
- Now, choose I Accept
- Microsoft Fix It tool will begin a deep scan on your computer and it will automatically fix any Windows install/uninstall issues on your computer.
- Moving forward, tap on the option Detect problems and let me select the fixes to apply.
- Go to the Uninstall window.
- Click on the VIPRE option.
- Click on
- A prompt will appear on your screen. Choose Yes, Try Uninstall
- Go ahead and mark all the related issues in the list.
- Click on Close tab option.
- Wait for the process to finish.
- Some options will appear on your screen. Provide appropriate responses to complete the process.
In the scenario, you are still facing the QuickBooks Error Code 1612 then reopen windows in safe mode. Go ahead and try to install QuickBooks once again on your computer or run the update process. Make sure that you close all the irrelevant processes by using Task Manager.
We hope that you were able to fix the error code 1612 of QuickBooks by performing the steps given here. However, if the QuickBooks Error Code 1612 still persists, get in touch with our team of QuickBooks Experts.
Just give us a call on our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1866-656-1012 or click on the QuickBooks Live Chat Support button. You will be asked to provide some details to validate your account and then the QuickBooks Experts will take care of the error.