QuickBooks desktop is undoubtedly one of the top accounting software for small and mid-sized businesses. It allows users to seamlessly manage their accounting and management tasks with ease. This feature packed software works on a complex algorithm and has an input syntax which users must follow. Thus, it is very common for QuickBooks users to encounter errors like the QuickBooks Error 2277.
To help users who are facing the QB Error code 2277, our Intuit certified QuickBooks Experts decided to create this step-by-step guide using which they can resolve this error. You can also opt for a quick fix and call on the toll-free 24×7 QuickBooks Support Number +1800-366-1468 to connect with the QB Experts directly.
Generally, users run into the error 2277 of QuickBooks while creating a backup of company files. Apply the simple steps given below to get rid of this error.
Let us now take a look at the common causes for this error.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error Code 2277
- The most common cause which can trigger this error to pop-up on your screen is unsuccessful or incomplete backup of the files.
- Corrupted company files or damaged QuickBooks software can also cause this error.
- A virus or malware can damage QuickBooks components which results in errors.
Steps To Resolve QuickBooks Backup Error 2277
If you want to get rid of the QuickBooks Error 2277, then you need to apply some simple troubleshooting steps which are given below. Make sure that you follow the order of steps. Let us not waste time anymore and explore the various solutions.
Solution 1: Run Intuit Data Protect Diagnostic Tool
- Begin the error troubleshooting process by clicking on the ‘Intuit data protect’ icon at the bottom of your desktop screen.
- Now, click on the ‘About Intuit Data Protect’ button.
- Moving ahead, simultaneously press Ctrl+F2 keys on your keyboard. This will launch the IDP tool.
- Now, go to Run Diagnostics option and click on the same.
- You also need to reconfigure QuickBooks for allowing access to IDP files.
- In the final step, go to the manufacturer’s website for checking if any issues were detected with the firewall or third-party security applications installed on your computer.
- Now, you need to add these files as exceptions from this folder C:\Program Files(X86)\Common Files\Intuit\Data Protect.
Solution 2: Add Windows Firewall Ports
- The first step to add windows firewall ports is to open the Control Panel.
- Now, go to the System and Security
- Moving forward, click on Windows Firewall and then select Advanced Settings.
- Tap on Inbound Rules in the Advanced Settings
- Click on New Rules option which is on the right side of the screen.
- Now, you can easily enter the ports and click on the Next
- Incoming Port: 80.
- Outgoing Ports: 443, 16841.
- Perform the same steps for modifying Outbound Rules.
Solution 3: Add Trusted Sites In The Internet Explorer
- Firstly, go to your desktop and double-click on the Internet Explorer icon to open it.
- Now, navigate to Tools and tap on the Internet Options
- Open Security
- Uncheck the Enable Protected Mode box in the Security window.
- Go to the Trusted Sites section and select Sites
- Unmark the require server verification for all the sites check-box.
- After applying the above steps, you need to add these sites in the trusted site list:
- Click on the Close button to exit from the window.
- Navigate to Privacy > Select Sites
- Moving forward, in the Address of Website box, add these websites websites:
- Now, you need to choose allow each time you add the web addresses.
- Tap on the OK button.
- Now, reopen your QuickBooks to check if you have resolve the QuickBooks Error Code 2277 successfully. If the error 2277 QB is still persisting, try the next solution.
Solution 4: Clear The Cache, Cookies, Temporary Files, And SSL State
- To begin with, go to your desktop and double-click on the Internet Explorer icon to open it.
- Navigate to Tools and click on the Internet Options
- After that, head to the General tab.
- In the browsing history window, tap on the Delete button to delete your browsing history from Internet explorer.
- Moving forward, you need to mark the following check-boxes:
- Temporary Internet Files and website files.
- Cookies and website data.
- Form data.
- In Private Filtering.
- After that you need to uncheck the ‘Preserve Favorites‘ and website data check-box.
- Now, tap on the Delete button to get rid of all the items.
- Head to the Content window and choose Clear SSL State.
- Finally, hit the OK button and then exit Internet Explorer.
We have come to the end of the article and we hope that you were able to resolve the QuickBooks Error Code 2277 with the help of the solutions given here.
Get QuickBooks Technical Support Services
However, in case you face any difficulty in performing the solutions or if you are unable to get rid of the error even after applying the above given solutions, then feel free to get in touch with our QuickBooks Support Department.
You can contact us by calling on our 24×7 QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-366-1468 or by clicking on the QuickBooks Live Chat icon at the bottom of your screen. We believe in offering high-quality and affordable QuickBooks Support Services to users all over the globe. Give us a call today!