Small and mid-sized business owners usually prefer QuickBooks desktop accounting software to manage their invoices, track their cash flow and manage inventory and much more. QB is far superior when it comes to generating monthly or yearly financial reports. But we cannot turn a blind eye to all the errors and issues users run into. Errors like the QuickBooks Error 30114 can put your business on hold.
In this blog post, we try to cover all the causes of error code 30114 of QuickBooks and also show you some simple troubleshooting steps to fix this error. If you do not have the time to manually resolve this error and you want to get back to working on QuickBooks quickly then contact the QuickBooks Support Team of Supportforerror. You can dial the toll-free and 24×7 available QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number +1877-361-7446.
This error generally pops-up on your screens when you are doing either of these tasks:
- Attempting to install QuickBooks desktop on your computer.
- Shutting down or rebooting your computer.
- Working with QuickBooks Payroll.
What Causes QuickBooks Payroll Error 30114?
It is nearly impossible to pin-point the exact cause of this error because every case is different. But these are the most common causes which can trigger the Payroll Error Code 30114 to appear on your screen:
- You are using a damaged or corrupted installation file to install QB desktop on your computer.
- Improper installation of QB.
- The windows registry files on your computer are either damaged or missing.
- Virus or malware attack on the company data files.
- Some or all of the QuickBooks components are not functioning as they should.
Steps For Fixing QuickBooks Error 30114
Follow these 9 steps to resolve this error. It is crucial that you implement each step exactly as it shown below and do not miss any step. If you are new to QuickBooks then we suggest that you get in touch with the QuickBooks Support Team as the troubleshooting process is a bit complex.
Note: Always take a backup of your QuickBooks company file before making any changes in the QB software or its default settings.
Step 1: Create a backup.
- Open Start Menu and click on the search field.
- Type “cmd” and press Enter.
- A prompt will pop-up on your screen. Click on the Yes
- On the black screen, click anywhere below the blinking cursor and type
- Hit Enter once again.
- This will open the registry window on your screen.
- Look for and mark the 0114-associated key.
- Create a backup.
- Open the File
- Click on
- Choose a folder where you want to save the backup file.
- Make sure that a give a name to the folder which you can remember.
- Click on the Save
- Open the backup folder which you created to check if the backup file is there or not. The backup file will have .reg file extension.
Step 2: Download, Install and Run a reputed Anti-virus or Anti-malware software on your computer. These software will run a deep scan on your data and show all the threats in the diagnose report. Click on the Fix Now or similar button to get rid of all the threats from your computer.
Step 3: Open the Start Menu and click on the search field. Type Disk Cleanup and click on the tool to open it. Run the tool and follow the instructions on your screen to get rid of all the junk files on your computer.
Step 4: Make sure that all your device drivers are updated to the latest release. Otherwise, download the latest updates.
Step 5: If you started encountering this error after installing another software or making any changes to the settings then use the System Restore utility. Open the Start Menu and search for System Restore. Click on the utility and follow the instructions to successfully restore your computer to an earlier point of time.
Step 6: Uninstall QuickBooks from your system and then reinstall QuickBooks in selective startup mode.
Step 7: Open Windows System document or file Checker (scanner/SFC) and run a scan on your local storage data files.
Step 8: Make sure that you are using an updated version of Windows OS.
Step 9: Download the latest version of QuickBooks desktop software available. You can get support for migrating from an older version of QuickBooks to a newer one by contacting us. We offer QuickBooks 2020 Upgrade Support Service.
How To Contact QuickBooks Technical Support Service?
Get in touch with the experienced QuickBooks Experts of Supportforerror if you are not able to resolve the QuickBooks Error 30114 from the 9 steps given in this blog post.
Call on the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1877-361-7446 to get solution for the QuickBooks Error 30114. You can also contact us by using Email chat support or QuickBooks Live Chat Support.