If you are a small or mid-size business owner and using QuickBooks for managing your day to day tasks then you are already ahead of your competition. QuickBooks offers several time saving features like create invoices, spreadsheets, charts, manage payroll, manage inventory, etc. But sometimes while working on the powerful accounting software, users start facing errors like the QuickBooks Error 3100. If you are facing this error then immediately contact the QuickBooks Technical Department as this is a critical error.
You can connect with the QB Experts by dialing the 24×7 QuickBooks Technical Support Number +1866-656-1012 or by tapping on the QuickBooks Live Chat Support icon on the bottom-right corner of your screen.
The QuickBooks Error 3100 implies that two customers, vendors or salesforce accounts have identical names. You will get this error message on your screen along with the error code 3100:
Customer Insert/Update Error – [CustomerName] – 3100 – The name “[CustomerName]” of the list element is already in use.
What Causes The Error Code 3100 In QuickBooks?
- In most cases, users start facing this error when they try to sync a customer in QB with Salesforce account. But the process was not successful as that name is already in use in QB. An error code will pop-up on your monitor screen because QB does not accept or store multiple customers or vendors with an identical name.
- The Salesforce account customer that you are attempting to sync already exists within QB. This creates a problem of duplicacy in the date and it triggers the QuickBooks error 3100.
Steps To Resolve QuickBooks Error 3100
Resolving the QuickBooks Error Code 3100 is a simple process. All you have to do is follow the two solutions given below and then perform them on your computer. All the steps given below are completely safe and will not cause any harm to your data files.
But if you don’t want to take any chances then you can call the QuickBooks ProAdvisors and ask them to resolve this error for you.
First of all, make sure that the QB Customer is currently active and they are not listed as a Vendor. Check the List menu in the Other Names field.
- Go to the system where DataSync is stored.
- Open the DataSync Web Dashboard and click on the Account Matcher Tool.
- Now, head to Start > Programs > Pervasive DataSync > DataSync Web Interface.
- Let the process finish and do not close the window.
- Enter the Customer ListID category via the Salesforce account.
Go back to your QuickBooks and check if this solution resolved the QuickBooks Error Code 3100. Otherwise, move on to the next solution.
- To start this solution, firstly, login into your Salesforce account using the suitable user details.
- Now, click on the Accounts
- Choose Merge Accounts which can be found at the bottom right corner of the tab.
- Finally, type in the name of duplicate account in the text field and then validate for merging them. Do not remove the Customer ListID value.
Get 24×7 QuickBooks Technical Support Services
Perform the above two given solution to quickly fix the QuickBooks Error Code 3100 manually. As we said earlier, there are two causes which can trigger the QuickBooks Error 3100 to pop-up on your screen and therefore there are two solutions for resolving this error.
In the case, you are encountering the same error code on your screen then you should re-install QuickBooks on your computer. Make sure that you take a backup of your QuickBooks data before you reinstall QB.
But if none of the solutions seem to resolve the error code 3100 of QB, get in touch with the Intuit certified ProAdvisors of supportforerror. Dial the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1866-656-1012 and get connected with top QuickBooks ProAdvisors of USA instantly.