QuickBooks is undoubtedly one of the best accounting software in the market. Due to its wide range of fruitful features, QB is preferred by millions of small and mid-sized businesses around the world. However, just like any other software, some errors can disturb your workflow while accessing QB. Error -6000, -106 is one of such errors that occur when you are trying to create a company file in QB desktop.
This error is also displayed as QuickBooks Error -6000, -82, Error -6000, -106
In case you are facing the Company File error, don’t you worry! We will guide you through all the necessary steps that are required to fix this error. You can either follow these troubleshooting steps or simply contact QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number on +1866-656-1012 to fix this error.
Note: Confirm if you are using the latest QB version before you try the given troubleshooting steps. Moreover, you can download the QB File Doctor Tool and try fixing the error as well. This is an automated tool that helps to fix Company File and network errors.
Causes Behind The QB Error -6000, -106, -6000 -82
The potential causes behind the occurrence of QB Error Code -6000, -106, -6000 -82 are as follows:
- A corrupted QuickBooks Company File.
- There are errors in the steps you are following to create a Company File.
- Some firewall settings are restricting QB to network with the Company File.
- The QB data file is damaged by a virus or malware.
- QuickBooks Installation is not correct.
- QB Company File is missing from the folder that is being used by you.
Steps To Troubleshoot QB Error Code 6000, 106
Method 1: Erase the empty spaces between the QB Company Filename and the postfix (Extension)
- Sign off from QB from all the systems that are connected.
- Press Windows + E on your keyboard. This will run Internet Explorer. In that, navigate to the folder where Company File is stored.
- Right-tap on the QB Company File and select Rename from the dropdown.
- Just erase the spaces between Company Filename and extension by pressing backspace.
- You can then attempt to create or run the Company File.
In case this does not work, try the next method.
Method 2: Disable Hosting On Every System That Has QuickBooks In
Note: If you are using the single-user access, the multi-user access gets auto turned off when you disable the hosting.
- Go to the main menu of QB Desktop and click on files. Select Utilities from the options and then click on Stop hosting multi-user access.
- A message will be popped up. Hit Yes button to stop hosting multi-user access.
- Another message will be displayed that asks Company File must be closed. Hit Yes on that as well.
Note: If you are using QB in multi-user mode, QB Error code 6000, 82 points at the wrongly set up multi-user hosting access by more than one client system.
- Follow the steps on the systems that are facing the error.
- Go to the No Company Open section. Click on File and then on Utilities.
- Confirm if you can see the Host Multi-User Access option. It is possible that more than one system can display the menu option Stop Hosting Multi-User Access. This means that the hosting is already on.
- Tap on the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access if any system gives the option and follow the instructions given on the screen after that.
- You can then attempt to run the QB Company File. It will ask you to log in first.
If this fails to run the Company File, move to the next method.
Method 3: Change Multi-User Access Mode To Hosting Local And Remote Files Mode
Note: Try the following steps only if you have tried the above-given steps already and the error is still around.
- Run the product info window from the QB home screen by pressing the F2 key on the keyboard.
- Go to the Local Server Information tab and confirm if the Hosting is set to local files.
- Switch to QB Main Menu and go to files. Click on Switch to Multi-User Mode.
- Open QB in the network mode. If you seek more support on this, you can also go through the product help or the resource page named Setup Multi-User or Network for QuickBooks User.
- Let the Company File open completely. Once it is opened, hit the F2 key on the keyboard to run the Product Information.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Product Info to confirm if the Hosting is set to local files only.
Reminder: you can provide constant Company File access to other users by enabling hosting multi-user access. Provided that the user has installed QB on the system and the user is logged into it.
These steps can help you fix this error. Else, try the next step.
Method 4: Use The Quick Fix My Program Tool On The Client System
- Open the official website of Intuit on the web browser. From there, download and install QuickBooks Tools Hub on the client system.
- Choose Program Problems from the Tools Hub.
- Open QB again and see if the error is still there or not.
Method 5: Use Standard Data Troubleshooting
Resolving the data damage problems can help you to fix the QB error 6000, 82 as this error is strongly related to the damaged Company File.
Contact QuickBooks Technical Support Team
The troubleshooting steps provided above are very helpful to fix the QB error 6000, 82, or -6000, 182. If you just follow them carefully, you can easily access QB Company File. However, if there are some problems even after you try the given steps, you can contact the additional support team of supportforerror. All you have to do is to dial the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1866-656-1012 to receive immediate QB Error resolution service.