QuickBooks is one of the best accounting applications with a wide range of features. Many small and mid-sized businesses prefer QuickBooks because of some top-class features such as payrolls, inventory management, online banking, etc. However, many errors may occur due to some internal issues within QB. These errors can restrict you from accessing QB software and can be very harmful at times. QuickBooks Error 6000 816 is one of these errors that generally come into the picture because of a damaged company file.
You can follow the below-given information to eliminate QuickBooks Error 6000 816 and you also have the option to contact QuickBooks Tech Support Team via phone, email or chat. If you want to call, please dial the toll-free QuickBooks Support Number +1888-382-7559 and you will be assisted by Intuit certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors.
Causes Of QB Error 6000 816
- A third-party program is accessing the relevant company file.
- Corrupted Company file.
- When the Company file is stored on Microsoft Windows Home Server Edition and there are numerous disfigured hard disks.
- Problems with QuickBooks Installation.
How To Fix QB Error 6000 816?
You can perform various actions to fix QB Error 6000 816. These resolutions are fixed on the cause of the QB Error 6000 816 and thus, it is very essential to identify the source of the problem. Before you follow the given resolutions, you can try installing the QB File Doctor Tool. This special tool may remove the error you are trying to fix and this will save a lot of time. However, if the issue is still unresolved, please follow the below-given instructions:
Step 1: Change The Names Of .NG And .TLG Files
- Press CTRL+W to run the Windows Explorer and navigate to the folder and locate the company file.
- Select all .NG and .TLG files and hit right-click on each of them individually.
- Click the Rename option and change the names of the .NG and .TLG files.
- Write OLD at the end of each company file name.
Important: Please follow the above-given steps for .NG and .TLG files.
- Run the QB software and access company files. If the error is still around, move to the next instruction.
Step 2: Run A Sample Company File
- Navigate to the folder named as No Company File and select Open Sample File. Press left-click on it.
- If Sample file runs, it indicates that QB installation is corrupted or damaged. You have to fix this issue first.
Method 3: Create A New Folder On The Desktop And Copy QB Files In It.
This step will indicate if there is any serious issue with the location of company files.
- Navigate to the folder where you have saved company files.
- Find the .QBW file and right-click on it. Select the copy option from the drop-down.
- Go to the desktop and right-click on it. Select paste option from the drop-down.
- Run the QB software first, then run the company file you just moved to the desktop.
Contact QuickBooks Support Team
If you follow the above-given steps, QuickBooks Error 6000 816 can be eliminated and you can access the Company file without any challenge. If it fails, you can restore the company files from the backup and run the company file.
If all these steps fail to eliminate QB Error 8000 816, you will be left with one way to fix it. Contact our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-382-7559. You will be connected with some of the QuickBooks Experts who have years of experience. Let them help you so that you can get back in business quickly.