QuickBooks is undoubtedly one of the best multi-tasking accounting software which can make your daily business tasks a lot smoother. But it is also prone to errors like the QuickBooks Error Code 6098, -5 which becomes a headache. This is where the Intuit certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors of Supportforerror come in play. Call on the 24×7 available QuickBooks Support Number +1888-382-7559 to get instant solutions for all errors and issues.
Let’s discuss a little more about this error before heading to the solutions. QB Error Code 6098, -5 is a company file error and a part of the 6000 series errors. This error appears on your screen when there is corruption in the registry files of your windows. It also pops-up if you are not logged in as the system administrator.
You do not have to worry about this error as it is a common error and can be resolved quickly.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 6098, -5?
All the solutions given below are recommended by the Intuit certified QuickBooks Experts of supportforerror. The QB Experts observed that this error usually shows up while the user is trying to use QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
We suggest that you download the QuickBooks File Doctor tool from the official website of Intuit and install it on your system. This tool can diagnose and fix common issues within QB. However, if the error 6098, -5 is appearing on your screen even after running the File Doctor Tool then apply the steps given below or connect with our QB Technical Support Team.
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
Follow the below mentioned steps for fixing the error code 6098, -5:
- Open the Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
- Now, head to the User Accounts.
- Choose the option which is appropriate as per your situation
- QuickBooks 2014 and Enterprise Solutions 14.0: QBDataServiceUser24
- QuickBooks 2015 and Enterprise Solutions 15.0: QBDataServiceUser25
- QuickBooks 2016 and Enterprise Solutions 16.0: QBDataServiceUser26
- QuickBooks 2017 and Enterprise Solutions 17.0: QBDataServiceUser27
- Head to the Properties.
- Go to the Group Membership window.
- Tap on other and scroll down the drop-down menu and click on Administrator.
- Choose Apply option & then tap on the OK button.
- Tap on OK for closing the User Accounts.
Get QuickBooks Tech Support 24X7
Thousands of users have resolved the QuickBooks Error 6098, -5 by applying the steps given in this article. But if you are encountering a more complex problem then what this error code indicated then it is best to connect with the QB Experts.
Dial the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-382-7559 to get in touch with the QB Experts or use our QuickBooks Live Chat Support Service.