Are you encountering the QuickBooks Error 61 on your desktop?
If the answer is “yes” then let us show you how to resolve the QB error code 61 by performing some simple troubleshooting steps. If you are looking for quicker resolution then call on the toll-free QuickBooks Technical Support Phone Number +1866-656-1012 and get in touch with the Intuit certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors.
Let us learn more about this error before we get to the solutions.
You will most likely run into the QuickBooks Error Code 61 due to malfunctioning hardware or corrupted file. It can also appear on your desktop if QuickBooks is experiencing issues with the Windows registry or .NET framework.
You may also run into Error 61of QB while performing tasks such as:
- Refreshing the window.
- Downloading data on your QB or from your QB.
- Opening an account.
- Uninstalling Windows OS.
What Causes QuickBooks Error 61?
According to the QuickBooks Support Team of supportforerror, these are the common causes for the Error Code 61 of QuickBooks:
- Inappropriate hardware or improper software installation.
- A damaged or corrupted .QBW file can trigger many QuickBooks error codes.
- Malware or virus attack on the QB data files.
- You haven’t deleted the registry for the last QuickBooks version that you were using on the same computer.
- Registry files are missing.
- Improper system shutdown because of a sudden power failure.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 61?
We highly recommend that you take a backup of your QB Data before you move on to the troubleshooting solutions. But don’t worry as the solutions given below are safe to fix the error. The backup file is just a fail-safe option.
If you are unsure, it is better to contact the QuickBooks Support Team.
Solution 1: Run An Anti-Virus/Malware Scan On Your Computer
You can use Windows Defender or any other leading security software/anti-virus/anti-malware for this step. Open the security software and then run a deep scan on your computer. Do not shut down your computer or close the window while the scan process is running. It will take approximately 5-15 minutes for the complete scan of your data files and generating a report of the threats. Get rid of the threats or unwanted files.
This should resolve the QuickBooks Error 61. However, if you still run into QB error 61, move on to the next solution.
Solution 2: Update QuickBooks Software
Skip this solution if you have already downloaded the latest update available for the version of QB that you are using. QuickBooks updates are free from bugs and can resolve this error.
Follow these steps to install QB updates:
- First of all, open your QB and click on the Help
- Now, choose Update QuickBooks
- Choose the available updates.
- Click on the Get Updates button for downloading the update.
- Wait for 5-10 minutes and do not close the update window.
- Close your QB and reboot your computer.
- Now, reopen QuickBooks and a prompt will appear on your screen asking you to update QB.
- Click on positive options like Install, Yes, Okay and follow the instructions on your screen.
- Reboot your computer once again after installing the updates.
Solution 3: Clean Registry
In this solution, we will get rid of the registry files like Help files, obsolete software, MUI cache, Type Libraries, Unused File extensions, etc. You can use any registry cleaner but we recommend CCleaner. Download CCleaner on your computer and then install it.
Open the app and perform these steps for getting rid of unwanted registry files:
- Open CCleaner app and click on the Registry option on the left side menu.
- Click on the Scan For Issues button on the bottom of the app window.
- Wait for a couple of minutes.
- Select all the issues which appear in scan report.
- Click on the Fix selected issues
- Tap on the Yes button and select a location on your local storage device for saving the registry backup.
- Tap on Fix All Selected Issues.
- Exit CCleaner and reboot your computer.
- If this solution does not fix the QuickBooks Error 61 for you, perform the next solution.
Solution 4: Reinstall .NET Framework
Perform these steps for reinstalling and repairing the .NET framework on your computer:
- Hit the Windows button on your keyboard.
- Now, type “turn windows features on or off” in the text field and hit enter once again.
- Go to Turn Windows features on or off window.
- Choose .NET checkboxes.
- Tap on the ‘OK’ button.
- Choose ‘Let Windows Update download the files for you’.
- Reboot your computer once the installation process is complete.
Solution 5: Use QuickBooks Rebuild Data Utility
- Open QuickBooks and click on the File
- In the File menu, click on
- Choose Rebuild Data.
- Click on all positive options if any prompt appears on your screen.
- Wait for a couple of minutes.
- Click on the OK button when ‘Rebuild has completed’ message pops-up on your screen.
- Now, verify that data by heading to File>Utilities>Verify Data.
QuickBooks Error Support 24×7
We understand that encountering any error and not being able to work on your QuickBooks can have a severe impact on your business and organization. You can contact our QuickBooks Technical Support Team at any hour of day and get instant resolution.
Get in touch with our highly experienced Intuit certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors by dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1866-656-1012 or clicking on the QuickBooks Live Chat Support icon on the bottom-right corner of this page.