QuickBooks is an amazing accounting toll with lots of advanced features that eases your accounting and financial activities. There are possibilities that you may face errors that can hinder your work. QuickBooks Error 6150,-1006 is one such error. When the company files have some issues then such error occurs. Here in this article we are going to know about the symptoms, causes and how to fix QuickBooks Error 6150, -1006. For any type of assistance you can contact QuickBooks Support Number +1888-382-7559.
What Are The Symptoms Of 6150, -1006?
The symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6150, -1006 are mentioned below:
- The QuickBooks Error 6150 message will appear on your screen while the Window is active
- The operating system freezes very frequently.
- The system keeps crashing by showing QuickBooks Error 6150 message while running the same application.
What Are The Causes Of QuickBooks Error 6150, -1006?
The possible causes of QuickBooks Error 6150, -1006 are mentioned below:
- The QuickBooks application is damaged
- The QuickBooks company file extension might be modified.
- You might be attempting to restore a QuickBooks for Macintosh backup file for Windows
- Any type of Malware or virus infection might have corrupted Windows system files
- Your company file might have some issue and you are trying to take the backup of the same
- You are trying to open a portable file but the software wasn’t open
How To Fix QuickBooks Error 6150, -1006?
You need to follow the below steps to resolve QuickBooks Error 6150, -1006:
Step 1: Check for CryptoWall
Sometimes the CryptoWall virus or malicious software can cause this error that can stop you from opening QuickBooks. You can follow the below steps:
- Press Windows Start key and type File Explorer in the search bar.
- Open File Explorer.
- Browse and open your QuickBooks folder which is generally in your C: drive.
- Search for files with words like decrypt or instructions (.txt or .html).
If there are no files with this description then it means that your system is fine. Now move to next step.
Step 2: Restore A Backup Company File
You can restore your work by using recently saved back up of your company file (QBB):
- If you cannot find QuickBooks Error -6150,-1006 after you restoring your backup then it means that the issue is resolved.
- If the QuickBooks Error -6150,-1006 persists then move on to Step 3.
Step 3: Use Auto Data Recovery
You can use Auto Data Recovery Tool to repair your company file. This process could take few days so you won’t be able to work in QuickBooks during this time. You can talk to our QuickBooks Customer Support experts to know more about Auto Data Recovery Tool.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Error Code 6150, -1006
By following the above steps, you will be able to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6150,-1006. For any kind of assistance, you can dial toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1888-382-7559. Our experts are able to resolve your issues instantly.