QuickBooks Error Code -6177, 0 is a company file error. It occurs on your screen when your QB is not able to follow the path to open the company file. In such a scenario, you will encounter this error message on your screen:
“QuickBooks is attempting to open this Company file. Before you can open the company file from your computer you must first open the company file on the computer where the company file is located. (-6177, 0)”
Other Company File errors
How To Resolve The QuickBooks Error -6177, 0?
There are a number of solutions which can fix the QB Error -6177, 0. As there can be various issues which can trigger this company file error, you have to implement all the solutions for effective results.
Solution 1: Move The File To The Local Hard Drive
- First of all, transfer the file from the server to the C drive on your local storage device.
- Now, you have to open the Company file in QB from the C drive.
- In this step, we will create a portable file.
- Also, save the newly created portable file in the C drive.
- Now, you can close the company file.
- Go to the C drive and now restore the portable file.
- Save the portable to the server.
- Close the company file again.
- Go to the server and open the company file.
Solution 2: Use The QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks File Doctor is a great tool which can be used to fix various issues. You can download this tool from the official Intuit website. Run this tool on your QuickBooks and check if the QuickBooks Error -6177, 0 is now resolved.
You can also contact the QuickBooks Experts for an instant fix.
Solution 3: Manually resolve -6177, 0 Without Using The QuickBooks File Doctor
In some cases, solution 1 and solution 2 won’t work. In such a situation, you can try to manually fix the QuickBooks Error -6177, 0. Follow these steps to manually fix this error:
- First of all, open the computer on which the company file(s) are available. Close your QB desktop. Now, search for the Network Descriptor file in your computer. The Network Descriptor file has .ND file extension and it will look similar to YourCompanyFileName.QBW.ND. Right-click on this file and choose delete.
- Configure your QuickBooks Database Manager
- Go to Programs and click on QuickBooks.
- Now, click on the QuickBooks Database Manager.
- Select the Add Folder button.
- Look for the folder in which you have stored the Company data files.
- Click on Ok.
- You can also choose to add more folders. Follow the above steps for adding more folders.
- Select the Scan button. A list will appear on your screen which will contain information about the files that are being hosted by the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Once the scan is finished, click on Close button.
- Verify the Company File access permissions in Windows
- Head to Set Up Folder Permissions for sharing the company files web page.
- Now, verify that the permissions that are configured properly.
- In case, you want to set permissions for your QuickBooks, you can call the QuickBooks Experts.
- Switch hosting off and on
- Open the company file through a local path
- Create a new folder
Get Premium Tech Support Services
You will be able to fix the QuickBooks Error Code -6177, 0 by following the steps given in this article. The QuickBooks Professionals of supportforerror can help you in getting rid of the QuickBooks Error -6177, 0. You can contact us via the toll-free QuickBooks Technical Support Phone Number +1-888-382-7559.
We have recently made the Live Chat Support Services active for all the QuickBooks Users. You can use this service to get in touch with the QuickBooks Technical Support Department.