When you are using QuickBooks and you are trying to open the company file within the software the error code 6000,78 will appear. It may appear because the company file is being located on the other drive. QuickBooks Error code 6000,78 belongs to the company file issues category and comes under the 6000 error series of QuickBooks. It is not a usual problem and many a time it can be resolved by just restarting your system. Under this article, you will be getting methods and steps for fixing the QuickBooks Error 6000, -78. You can get in touch with the QuickBooks technical support team for getting instant help and support.
Why Are You Facing The Quickbooks Error Code 6000, 78 In Quickbooks Software?
Before performing the solution steps you should know the reasons because of which you are getting the QuickBooks error code 6000, 78. Following are the main causes behind the error code:
- The QuickBooks company file is not saved on a network or the local drive
- The company file has been saved on the external storage
- The folder permissions are incorrect or not properly done for the folder that consists of the company file.
- The company file is opened by QuickBooks by referring to the mapped drive
What Is The Process For Fixing The Quickbooks Error Code 6000, -78?
Method 1- Downloading And Running The Quickbooks File Doctor
The easiest way for fixing the QuickBooks Error Code 6000, -78 is by making use of the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. you will first have to go to the official website of Intuit and from there download and install the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool on your computer. Then you will have to run the tool and then start the scanning and it will automatically find and fix the problems which are causing the error. After the full process gets completed then you have to restart your system and then try for opening the exact company file to check if the error is still there or not.
Method 2- Renaming The .TLG and .ND Files
For renaming the .tlg and .nd files, perform the steps given below:
- Visit the folder that has your company file saved
- Find out the same file names along with the extensions .nd and .tlg
- Now right tap on the file and then go to the drop-down menu and tap on the option for rename
- Then add OLD at the end of the file extension and then hit enter (such as company_file.qbw.nd.OLD and company_file.qbw.tlg.OLD)
Important- do the same thing for both of the file extensions
Method 3- Copying The QuickBooks File On The Desktop
If you have been facing issues appearing because of the location of your company file then you can fix it by simply copying it on your desktop and then open it. If you canare able to fix the issue by performing this step then there can be chances that the company file’s location where it is stored is damaged or has exceeded or crossed the limitation of the file system path.
- Open the folder that has the company file stored
- Now navigate the .QBW extension file
- Right-tap on the file and choose Copy in the drop-down menu
- Then go to the desktop and then right tap and choose paste option in the list
- Now right tap on the file simultaneously press the CTRL key, tap on the open option
- Tap on the open or restore in the File menu and then open the file which you have copied on the desktop.
Method 4- Disable The UAC (User Account Control)
The sole purpose of the UAC is to enhance the security feature for every user and decrease the exposure and attack on the surface of the operating system by starting with all the users and customers are running in the ‘standard mode’. You can disable the UAC by going to the control panel and typing UAC in the search field. You will have to turn it off and there are high chances that this issue of the company file will get fixed.
Technical Support Team Of QuickBooks
The steps given in this article will help you with fixing the QuickBooks error code 6000, 78 easily. It is advised that you follow the steps in the given sequence to avoid any mistakes and get the best results. Although after following all the steps you are still getting the error then you need to contact the technical support team of QuickBooks at Supportforerror.com or dial the toll-free no. 1800-366-1468 and get solutions for fixing this issue quickly.