They key to find success while running a small or mid-scale business is to get rid of all inefficient tasks and increase productivity. QuickBooks is an accounting software that does it all and more. But sometimes the users might run into the QuickBooks Error Code 6177 while working on their QuickBooks Company file.
As you can figure out from the error code, the QuickBooks Error 6177 is a part of the QuickBooks 6000 series errors. This error comes up with the following error message:
“QuickBooks Error -6177, 0: QuickBooks is attempting to open this Company file.”
If you are encountering this error and are looking for instant resolution then dial the toll-free QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number +1-888-382-7559. You will get in touch with the most renowned QuickBooks ProAdvisors of supportforerror.
What Are The Causes Of QuickBooks Error 6177?
Our QuickBooks Experts have observed that users generally encounter this error if they are trying to open their QuickBooks Company file from a computer where the file is not saved. Other causes for this error are:
- You are trying to move your company file to another computer.
- Your computer is under a malware or virus attack.
- The Antivirus or firewall active on your desktop is restricting the internet connection.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 6177?
We highly recommend that you follow the steps given below to resolve this error manually or you can also contact the QuickBooks Experts of supportforerror.
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
- Use your Administrator credentials to login into the account on your computer.
- Now, go to the folder where QuickBooks files are stored.
- Search for your Company file in the QB folder.
- Scroll to the company file and right-click on the file and choose Properties from the drop-down menu.
- Head to the Security window and choose the number of users.
- Give them access to the file.
- Go to Advanced and then click on the Owners tab.
- You can modify the user name right now if you want to.
- Click on the OK button to close Properties tab.
- Open your Internet browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer and visit the official website of Intuit.
- Download QuickBooks Installation Diagnostic tool which is available freely.
- Install and run the tool on your computer
- Look for the company files and click on the Test Connectivity option.
- Wait for the process to complete and check if the error is fixed or not.
Solution 2: Move Your Company File To A Local Hard Drive
Note: Make sure that you are logged in as the System Administrator before moving on to the steps.
- Open My Computer and go to the C drive.
- Search for your company data file.
- Now, you must create & save a portable file within this drive.
- Exit from the current company file.
- Store the portable file on the server.
- Now, go to the server and try to open the company file from the server.
- Check if you are still encountering the error or not.
Get QuickBooks Tech Support Services 24×7
If you have successfully applied the two solutions given above but still running into the QuickBooks Error 6177 then we would advise that you get in touch with the QuickBooks Experts of supportforerror. It is possible that the components of QuickBooks are already damaged beyond repair. In such a case, it is best to let the QB Experts handle the situation.
You can call the QuickBooks Experts by dialing their 24 hours toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1-888-382-7559. Otherwise, you can use the QuickBooks Live Chat Support service to chat with us. Our services come with a 100% no questions asked refund policy so you do not have to worry about the standard of our services.