QuickBooks Desktop has various useful accounting features that it consists of and Bank feeds come under these features too. With the help of using Bank feeds you can easily add up your bank account in the QuickBooks accounting software. When you add your bank account you can easily process any transaction, pay your employees on time, download the bank statements easily, and so on. QB Bank feeds is totally unique feature that is used by most QuickBooks users. However, many a time while using this highly efficient feature of QB you can face certain errors as well as issues that can interrupt your workflow. One of these types of error is QuickBooks Error OLSU-1024 or OLSU-1022 which occurs while you are trying for creating a bank feeds account in QuickBooks.
When you will get such an error you will also notice an error message along with it that states:
“An error occurred while updating the branding files! Please restart the Online Banking Setup Wizard to initiate the update process again.”
This is followed by an error code:
OLSU-1024 or OLSU-1022
You might be facing this error because of various reasons and causes such as the directory of your financial institution is not updated. There are chances that your bank directory is not upgraded for adding your bank details or maybe it is not stored in the location where it should be. In case you are coming across any other error which is associated with the online banking in QB then you can go to QuickBooks Error OL-200, OL-202, OL-206, or OL-226.
What Is The Process For Resolving The Banking Error In The QuickBooks?
There are many solution steps that you can take help from for resolving this error. However, if your issue gets resolved by just performing the first step then you don’t need to perform the next step. It is advised that you should perform the solution steps in the provided order as it will help you achieve the best results.
Method 1- Updating The QuickBooks To The Recent or Latest Release Available
You will have to upgrade your QuickBooks to the most latest version available.
Method 2- Upgrade the Financial Institution or Bank Directory To The Latest Version
- Start windows explorer> press Windows +E
- Then locate to the folder C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX\Components\OLB\branding\filist.
- Now navigate the txt file then right tap on the same.
- Now choose the option for rename in the drop-down menu and then modify its name to the old.
- Then right tap on the QuickBooks version for getting the latest and recent file.
- Now go to the drop-down list and choose Save Target As/Save Link As.
- Then go to save as window and select desktop for the location of the file then tap on save
- Then tap on close on the download is completed (this is an optional step)
- Now you have to get a copy of the fidir.txt file for correcting the filist folder:
- Right-tap on the fidir.txt file then tap on the copy in the drop-down menu
- Now start the windows explorer > press windows+E
- Then locate the filist folder: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX\Components\OLB\branding\filist.
- Then press the CTRL +V for posting the file and you will be able to view the fidir.txt file on the desktop folder
- Start the QB Desktop for setting up an account
Method 3- Repairing The QuickBooks
- Press the keys windows+E for opening the windows explorer
- Now go to the menu bar of the folder then tap on Uninstall or change a program.
- Select the QB in the program list and then tap on the option uninstall or change
- Then go to the QB installation wizard:
- Tap on the next then choose the repair option
- Now select next, then click on repair, and finally choose the finish option
In case you are still getting the issues after you have performed all the repairing steps for QuickBooks then you have to reinstall the QuickBooks by using the clean install.
Method 4- Editing The Fidir.txt preferences
- Press the windows+E keys to start the windows explorer
- Then locate the C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX\Components\OLB\branding\filist.
- And navigate the txt file in the folder and then right tap on it.
- Tap on the properties in the drop-down list
- Now mark the read-only option
- Then once again try to create a bank feeds account
QuickBooks Support Team For Assistance:
With the help of using the steps given in the article and performing them as it is you will be able to get rid of the QuickBooks Error OLSU-1024 or OLSU-1022. You will be able to get more solution steps for resolving all other QB banking errors at the Fix OL and OLSU Bank Feeds Errors In QuickBooks Desktop. In case you are not able to manually fix this error then you need guidance from the QuickBooks technical support experts to get the correct way of resolving the problem. You can go to the Supportforerror.com or dial the toll-free no. 1800-366-1468 for getting your problems fixed in no time.