QuickBooks is a business accounting software which is marketed for accounting needs of budding and mid-scale businesses. It has quickly become a keystone in the accounting fraternity because of its features and tools. But we understand that QuickBooks users sometimes do run into errors and issues which is very frustrating. Unfortunately, it is true that QB users can encounter a lot of errors like the QuickBooks Error PS107.
According to the Intuit certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors of Supportforerror, this error appears on your screen because of unreadable internal QuickBooks file.
In this blog post, the QB Experts have curated all the causes and solutions for resolving the QuickBooks Error Code PS107. If you are struggling to manage your business payroll because of the QB Error Code PS107 then call on the toll-free QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number +1-888-382-7559 for instant solution and fix.
What Are The Causes Of QuickBooks Error PS107?
- QB Payroll verifies your subscription consistently to see if it is still active. Make sure that your subscription is up and running.
- Intuit servers are currently overloaded or not working.
- You are using an outdated version of QuickBooks Payroll. Upgrade to the latest QuickBooks Payroll 2020.
- QuickBooks Company data file is damaged or corrupted.
- Your desktop is under a malware, adware or virus attack.
Steps For Fixing QB Error PS107
Before moving on to the solutions, we highly recommend that you create a backup of your data as a fail-safe option. Also, close all QuickBooks related programs and applications before moving forward.
Solution 1: Update your QuickBooks software to the latest release
- Open QuickBooks and click on the Help
- Choose Update QuickBooks
- Go to Options and make sure all the boxes are marked.
- Save the changes.
- Go to Update Now > Reset Update and then choose Get Updates.
- Wait for the update process to finish and the Update Complete message to appear on your screen.
- Close QuickBooks and check if you run into any error while using the accounting software.
Solution 2: Get Payroll Updates
- Insert the QuickBooks Payroll Update CD into your desktop.
- Now, open the Get Payroll Updates
- If you are using QuickBooks Pro/Premier edition then click on
- Choose Get Payroll Updates
- Look for the .dat or dat file.
- Tap on the Browse
- Choose CD drive in the Install From
- Click on CD Drive in the drop-down menu.
- Now, select dat or update3.dat and click on the Open
- Tap on the OK button once again.
- Re-open your QuickBooks and check if you are still running into the QB Error PS107 then try to reinstall QB I selective startup mode.
Solution 3: Use Command Prompt
- Press Windows + R keys on your keyboard to open the Run command.
- Click on the text field in Run command window and enter
- Press Enter.
- Go to General tab, choose Selective Startup.
- Now, click on the Load System Service
- Choose Load Startup Items and click on the Service
- Choose Hide all Microsoft Services
- Double check the services list to make sure that the Windows Installer box is marked.
- Click on the OK button.
- Now, reboot your desktop.
- You should be able to install, uninstall or reinstall QuickBooks accounting software using a clean install after applying the steps.
Get QuickBooks Technical Support Services
Fixing QuickBooks Error PS107 is a hassle-free process if you just follow the above-given 3 solutions and apply them on your desktop.
However, if you are still facing the QuickBooks Error Code PS107 to fix this or need assistance to simplify steps for you, it’s easy to contact our QB Experts. Supportforerror.com is the most recommended QB Tech Support provider and the only way to get instant support to fix QuickBooks related matters. The help is available 24*7 and you will be assisted by their highly qualified pro-advisors. To get help, simply call their QuickBooks Support Phone Number on +1888-382-7559.
This is a toll-free line. You can be assisted over a chat as well. To get the chat support, reach us using our QuickBooks Live Chat Support. Our team will create a temporary screen sharing connection between your desktop and Intuit servers. Once the connection is stable, our QB Tech Team will start diagnose to find the root cause of this error and also the underlying issues. You don’t have to worry as you will be in complete control of the remote connection at all times.