QuickBooks is a financial accounting software manufactured and marketed by Intuit. It is created for use by small and mid-sized businesses, QuickBooks boasts a variety of features and tools which are aimed to ease the accounting management process. You can also effortlessly integrate with third-party applications to get maximum benefits out of your software. Also, read the possible QuickBooks Errors and Issues which one can encounter while using QB. In this article, we will be talking about the QuickBooks License Error After Clone.
How To Fix QuickBooks License Error After Clone?
The best solution for this QB License Error After Clone is to get rid of the damaged EntitlementDataStore.ecml file. Some other errors and issues can also be resolved by removing this file like:
- QuickBooks Error Code 3371: Could Not Initialize License Properties
- QuickBooks Reconfiguration errors
- QuickBooks Error Code 15270
Note: For some people, deleting the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file will not fix the error. Those people can follow the solutions given below.
Causes Of QuickBooks License Error After Clone
- Damaged or missing .DAT or MSXML
- Damaged Qbregistration.dat File
- Corrupted MSXML Component
- Windows operating system is outdated
- An Antivirus program is restricting the access of QB Files
- You’ve tried to import the .QBO file without saving it first.
How To Fix The License Error
Steps to resolve this error license error are as given below:
- Exit from QuickBooks software.
- Verify that all the QB associated processes are stopped.
- Open the Task Manager on your monitor screen.
- Now, navigate to the Processes window and look for the process with (.exe) extension.
- Select all the processes with (.exe) extension and click on End Task.
- Navigate to the location where the entitlement data file is stored.
- Right-click on the file.
- Choose Delete in the drop-down menu.
- Select Yes on the confirmation prompt on your screen.
- Now, open the company data file again, register the software.
By imitating the steps given below on your computer system, you will be able to fix the error. However, if the above-given solution didn’t fix the error, we have also given an alternate solution below. The steps are as follow:
- Go to the official website of Microsoft and download all the latest Windows OS updates.
- Tap on the Start button and navigate to All Programs option.
- Search for and select Windows Update.
- When the updates are downloaded, install QuickBooks again.
If all the solutions given in this article were not able to fix the error, reinstall QuickBooks using the Clean Install Tool.
Connect With Us
You can connect with the QuickBooks Executives if none of the solutions worked for you and you are still stuck with the QuickBooks License Error After Clone. For connecting with the QuickBooks Experts dial the 24×7 available QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1-800-778-7614 from your mobile phone.
You can also utilize the Live Chat Support Services on our website to get resolutions for errors and issues. To get the services, click on the Chat icon on the bottom-right corner of the screen, fill up the form and click on Submit.