QuickBooks is enriched with many features that are very useful for small and mid-sized businesses. However, it can run into some errors that can disturb your workflow. QB Error PS058 is one such error that usually occurs while downloading the recent payroll updates. The main causes behind QuickBooks Payroll Error Code PS058 can be either your mistakes, system issues, or both.
In this blog, we have gathered all the information that is necessary to resolve the QB Error PS058. If you want, you can also contact the QuickBooks Experts of Supportforerror on the toll-free QuickBooks Payroll Support Number +1877-361-7446 for additional assistance.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error PS058
QB Error PS058 which is a payroll error generally pops up on the screen while you attempt to update your QB payroll. Some software problems can also lead to this error. Here, we have given the most common causes for the occurrence of error PS058 of QuickBooks.
- When you fail to copy the Company Files into the hard drive.
- A damaged or corrupt Company File.
- An issue occurred when accessing QuickBooks to install files.
Steps To Fix Error PS058 Of QuickBooks
We will help you with a total of 4 important solutions to fix the QuickBooks Error Code PS058. Our QuickBooks Experts would recommend having an active QB payroll subscription before you go for trying the given steps. Let’s now see what the troubleshooting steps are:
Step 1: Download And Install Payroll Updates
- Run QuickBooks Desktop and navigate to Help option. Select Update QuickBooks.
- Tap the Options tab.
- Hit the No option in the Shared Download window.
- This will start updating the QB Payroll. Let the process complete.
Step 2: Download And Install The QB Updates
- Make sure the QB Desktop you are accessing is in its latest version. The troubleshooting needs all the QB updates to be in place.
- Use administrator credentials to log in to Windows.
- Run QB Desktop.
- Navigate to the Help option. Tap on Update QuickBooks button and select Options.
- Tap on Select All option.
- Hit Save & Close button.
- After the process completion, shut down the system and then restart. Run the QB again.
Step 3: Scan The Company File For Errors
- Run QB.
- Open the Product Information by pressing the F2 key on the keyboard. Hit the F3 key when the window opens.
- Tap on Open File from the Tech Help window. Double-tap on the Log option.
- Just scan the list. Keep scrolling down till you find any statement that contains the word Error.
Once you find this error, ensure to fix that as it is important for performing payroll updates successfully. It is advised to connect with QB Experts to resolve this Error.
Step 4: Open Reboot.bat File
- Shut the QB Desktop and everything that is related to QB.
- Press ctrl+alt+delete on the keyboard to run the Task Manager. Navigate to the Process tab.
- Find the process that ends with .exe extension. Ensure to close them all.
- Hit the Windows key.
- Type bat in the search field and press the Enter key.
- Wait for the file to open and finish the process. Once done, close it.
- Close the QB and reopen it..
- Now start updating the QB Payroll.
Contact Technical Team Of QuickBooks
The given steps are helpful when you try to fix the QuickBooks Payroll Error Code PS058. There can be some instances when you may face difficulties in getting rid of this error. In such matters, you can contact QuickBooks Technical Team by dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1877-361-7446. You will be assisted by one of the Intuit certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors of supportforerror.