QuickBooks Point Of Sale (aka POS) is the best way to streamline your retail business activities. Due to its great features, many users are delighted with this custom-made software. QuickBooks POS does everything you need when it comes to financial tasks. QB Point of Sale Socket Error 11004 is linked with the QB POS. Basically, this error belongs to the family of Socket Errors in QuickBooks. This socket error needs to be resolved as quickly as possible, as it may affect your progress. QB POS Socket Error 11004 mostly occurs when users attempt to access the credit card to settle the QuickBooks’ credit card batch.
A bad internet can be the biggest cause for the rise of the QB POS Socket Error 11004. A good and healthy broadband connection doesn’t often cause this error. A damaged point of Sale update file can also cause the QuickBooks POS Error 11004.
Troubleshooting Steps To Fix The QuickBooks POS Socket Error 11004
Before you move to the major resolution part, we recommend to try some fundamental steps and check if the QB POS Socket Error is resolved. Here the fundamental steps:
- Hard reset the modem and try to stabilize the internet connectivity.
- Restart your computer. Most of the time, this fixes the problem.
- Verify the roles and permissions to understand if you are permitted to access the web pages.
- Reassure the time and date on your PC. It must be accurate.
- Create a multi-mode set up on several other systems. This may resolve the error.
Below given steps are the major troubleshooting steps to eliminate the QB POS Error Code 11004.
Step 1: Change The Internet Connection Settings In Your Computer
Verify the QuickBooks POS Communication Setup.
- Firstly, run the QB Point of Sale and click on the file menu.
- Select Preferences and then click on Company.
- Go to Merchant & Gifts Services and select the Communication setup.
- Keep proceeding as per the prompts given on the screen and click on Change to this computer at last. Click Save and re-attempt this step.
Edit the Communication Setup
- Navigate to the File Menu in QB Point of Sale. Click on Preferences and select Company.
- Click on Merchant & Preferences and then select the Communication Setup to make the changes.
- Select Internet Connection Setup. Select Use the following connection. In the end, click on the other internet connection option.
- When you have already chosen this option for your QB POS, select My Computer’s internet connection settings. Follow the instructions on the screen and click on done in the end.
Step 2: Change The Internet Explorer Settings To Default(This Is Only For The IE 8 And Later Releases)
- Go to the Internet Explorer browser and hit the alt key.
- Tap on the Tools option.
- Tap on Internet options and then Ok. This will change the IE settings to default.
Step 3: Modify Settings In Windows Firewall
The windows firewall setting can sometimes prevent access to eftsvr.exe. This can be the reason behind the QuickBooks Point of Sale Socket Error 11004. Verify the firewall has allowed the access and the port 8443 is open. This is important for incoming and outgoing traffic.
This article gives all the necessary information to resolve the QB POS Socket Error 11004 manually. If you feel any of the steps complicated, you can get assistance from QuickBooks experts to help you troubleshoot the error.
Get QuickBooks Support Services 24*7.
Users cannot work on the QB POS until they fix the QB POS Socket Error 11004. You can try removing the error on your own with the help of the above-given methods. In case the QB POS Socket Error 11004 is still around, you have the option to contact the technical support department of supportforerror. You can dial the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-366-1468 to connect with them over the phone. You will be connected to one of the highly qualified QB experts for the instant solution for the QB POS Socket Error 11004.