QuickBooks Point of Sale is undoubtedly on the most powerful POS platforms that enables the users to effectively and efficiently manage their inventory and customers. But just like any other accounting software, you are bound to run into error codes while working in QB Point of Sale. In this article, we are discussing the causes and solutions of the QuickBooks POS Error 10060 in detail.
Are you looking to connect with the Intuit certified QuickBooks Experts to get this error resolved?
We highly recommend the toll-free QuickBooks POS Support Phone Number +1888-382-7559 of supportforerror. They are without a doubt the best in business and have decades of experience. You can connect with the QB Experts and ask them to resolve the error 10060 so that you can get back to work quickly.
Let us discuss the basics of this error.
QuickBooks Point of Sale Error 10060 is one of the many connection time out errors. In most cases, this error appears on your screen when you try to complete a transaction via a debit or credit card. You need to have a strong and stable internet connection for using debit or credit card in QB.
This error is cause of concern and it is crucial that you resolve this quickly to protect your company data.
Causes Of QuickBooks POS Error 10060
Below is a list of all the most probable causes which can trigger this error to pop-up on your monitor screen:
- QuickBooks is unable to connect to the internet.
- A socket connection problem with your computer.
- Security software like Anti-virus or Anti-malware are considering QB processes a threat and thus limiting its internet connectivity.
- You are facing an EFT server issue on your desktop.
Connect with us to get instant error resolution right now.
How To Troubleshoot QuickBooks POS Error 10060?
Implement the solutions given below on your QuickBooks to resolve the QuickBooks Point of Sale Error Code 10060:
Solution 1: Follow These Steps If The Socket Is Not Connected
- First of all, make sure that the socket is able to connect.
- Now, individually check all the wires and ensure that they are properly connected.
- Open your QB POS and check if this solution resolved the error. Try the next solution if the error is still popping-up on your monitor screen.
Solution 2: Security Software Causing Issues
- Press the windows key on your keyboard.
- The Start Menu will open.
- Click on the text field and type “Control Panel.”
- Press Enter.
- Go to Programs Installed.
- Go through the list of programs and disable or uninstall all security software like Anti-virus, Anti-malware, Anti-adware or Firewall from your computer.
- Now, re-open your QuickBooks Point of Sale and conduct the transaction once again.
- If you are able to do the transaction without any problem then it means that you have resolved the error 10060 of QB POS.
- If the error is still persisting then try the next solution.
Solution 3: Multiple Workstations Are In Use
If QuickBooks POS is running on multiple workstations currently then try the debit/card again on the system where you encountered the error.
- Open QuickBooks from your desktop and click on the Edit
- In the Edit menu, choose Preferences and then click on Company
- Click on Communication Setup and check if ‘use this computer for all credit card and debit transaction’option is selected.
- If it is not selected then click on the check box to select it.
- Tap on the Save now button.
- Close this window and re-open your QB Point of Sale software.
- Navigate to the Tools menu and tap on User Information
- Process your card if WS-EFT server is visible under the workstation.
Solution 4: Work With A New Data File
We have seen that creating a new data file can resolve the QB 10060 error. You can create a new data file by applying the steps given below:
- Open your QB POS and click on File
- In the File menu, choose Company Data and then tap on New
- Click on the space given for text and type “Test” for providing a new name for the file.
- Go back to main screen and click on the Edit
- Choose Preferences in the edit menu and then click on
- Choose a Merchant Service and enter the mandatory details.
- Tap on the Save
- Open the Tools menu and select all the user data.
- Re-open your QB POS and you should be able to process the card now.
Get QuickBooks POS Support Service 24×7
Make sure that you apply all the above given steps carefully while fixing the QuickBooks POS Socket Error 10060. However, if you face any problem while performing the steps or want to speak QuickBooks Experts then dial the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-382-7559.
Do not hesitate to give us a call and our toll-free number is available 24 hours and 7 days of the week.