QuickBooks Error Code 15201 is an update error and it appears on your monitor screen when you are trying to update your QB desktop software or Payroll application. We always recommend all our readers to connect with the Intuit certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors of supportforerror whenever they face any error within QuickBooks.
Why do you ask?
Supportforerror is the top-rated QuickBooks Tech Support providers based out of New Jersey, USA. They have successfully assisted millions of users and helped them use their QuickBooks without running into any error. To connect with their QB Support team, you have to dial the toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1888-382-7559.
In this blog post, we have curated all the solutions for the QB Error 15201 with other related information. So let us start right away.
What Causes QuickBooks Error Code 15201?
According to the reports published by Intuit, these are the major causes of QB Error 15201:
- Damaged or Corrupt installation of QB desktop accounting software
- Your desktop is encountering a Virus or malware attack
- Corrupted Windows Registry files
- Antivirus program or Firewall settings are constraining the QuickBooks update process
- QuickBooks related files are Damaged or Corrupted
What Are The Symptoms Of QuickBooks Update Error Code 15201?
- QuickBooks stopped responding.
- QuickBooks keeps aborting or crashing frequently.
- QuickBooks Error 15201 message box appears on your screen whenever you try to update QB software or Payroll services.
- QuickBooks has stopped working.
- QuickBooks is freezing and lagging.
- You are not able to update your company data file.
Steps To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15201
It is crucial to implement every single step on your desktop if you want to resolve this error manually. Do not miss any step and if you get stuck anywhere then contact the QuickBooks Support team immediately.
Solution 1: Install Digital Signature Certificate
- Press Windows and E key simultaneously to open the Windows Explorer on your screen.
- Now, go to C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- Search for the “.exe” file in the folder and right-click on the file.
- Choose Properties from the menu.
- Go to Digital Signature window to ensure that Intuit, Inc. is selected in the signature list.
- Click on Details and then choose View Certificate.
- Now, you must select Install Certificate
- Click on Next a few times until you the Finish button on your screen.
- Click on
- Reboot your computer to roll out the changes.
- Reopen your QuickBooks and try to update your QB software or Payroll services.
Solution 2: Configure Windows Firewall Settings
Security applications like Anti-virus or Firewall are programmed to restrict any download which is found threatening. In some cases, these applications start considering QuickBooks update process as a threat to security and restricts the transfer of data packets which causes this error. You can try to disable your security application and then try to download the updates. If this does not work then get in touch with the QuickBooks Tech Support Department.
Get QuickBooks Technical Support
Are you still facing the QuickBooks Error 15201 on your desktop screen? Do not worry and pick up your phone to connect with the Intuit QuickBooks Support Team of Supportforerror. Call on the 24×7 available QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-382-7559 and let the QuickBooks Experts take a look at the error.
QuickBooks Chat Support Service is an alternative to connect with the Tech Support Team.