If you want to manage your day to day accounting or inventory tasks, there is no other accounting software better than QuickBooks. It has a very straightforward yet effective user interface and a plethora of advanced features. In this article, we will talk about the steps to reinstall QuickBooks.
If there is an issue within your QuickBooks or you are encountering an error while working on QB, then it is advised to reinstall QuickBooks. Reinstalling QuickBooks can resolve many errors and issues.
You can perform these steps to reinstall QB, or you can choose to get in touch with the Intuit certified QuickBooks Experts of supportforerror. To contact the QB Experts, call on the toll-free QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1866-656-1012.
How To Reinstall QuickBooks?
Before you move on to the steps, make sure that you take a backup of your QuickBooks data. Now, to reinstall QB on your PC, firstly, you need to uninstall your current version of the desktop accounting software and then install it once again.
For technical assistance, contact the QuickBooks ProAdvisors.
Note: Keep your QuickBooks Installation CD, License number, and Product number handy while reinstalling QuickBooks.
Perform the following steps for reinstalling QuickBooks:
Step 1: Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard to open the Start Menu.
- Now, click on the search field and type Control Panel. Press Enter.
- In the Control Panel window, go to Programs and Features and click on Installed Programs.
- In the List of Programs installed on your computer, look for QuickBooks.
- Right-click on QuickBooks.
- Choose Uninstall.
- Now, follow the instructions that appear on your monitor.
- If you run into any issue while uninstalling QB, contact the QuickBooks Technical Support Team.
Step 2: Rename The Installation Folders
There are two ways for renaming the installation folders on your computer. You can either choose to do it manually or use the feature to rename the folders in QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
- Firstly, go to the official website of Intuit and download the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool on your computer.
- Save the QuickBooks_Clean_Install_Tool.exe file and open it.
- A prompt will appear on your screen.
- Select I Accept on the license agreement.
- Now, from the list of QB versions, choose the QB desktop version that you are using.
- Click on the Continue button.
- If you see the message, ‘QuickBooks is not ready for a clean install, please install to the default directory’, click on the OK button.
Now, for manually renaming the folders, you need to unhide all the hidden files. After unhiding the folders, rename folder location for each folder.
Tip: Add “old” or “damaged” to existing folder names to easily distinguish between the folders.
If you run into the “Error: Access Denied when renaming folders” message while renaming the folders, perform these steps:
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del simultaneously on your keyboard.
- Task Manager will appear on your screen. Now, click on the Process tab, which is on the top-left side of the Task Manager window.
- Tap on the Image Name column header. This will automatically sort all the processes in alphabetical order.
- Look for QBDBMgr.exe, QBCFMonitorService.exe, Qbw32.exe.
- Select all three and choose End Task.
- If a warning message pops-up on your screen, click on Yes.
Step 3: Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
After successfully uninstalling QuickBooks desktop accounting software from your computer, you can start reinstalling it. Make sure that you download the latest version of QuickBooks available.
How To Contact Intuit Certified QuickBooks Experts?
If you encounter any issue while performing any of the steps or you need to talk to our QuickBooks Experts, call on the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1866-656-1012.
If you want to chat with the QuickBooks Support Department then click on the QuickBooks Live Chat Button and fill in your information. We will get back to you as soon as possible.