QuickBooks is best known to offer end-to-end accounting solutions to millions of small and mid-sized businesses. This accounting software is designed by Intuit for diverse types of businesses. Equipped with many great features, QuickBooks is very popular for its safe and secure finance management. In this blog post, we will discuss customizing Vendor Reports without any challenge. If you are looking for assistance from a QuickBooks Executive, you can contact QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1888-382-7559.
QB Desktop is enriched with multiple numbers of built-in Vendor Reports that help you understand the market position of your company, expenses, and accounts payable. QuickBooks offers customization of these Vendor Reports according to your business needs.
The blog posts in this series will help you to:
- Customer, job and sales report customization
- Vendor reports customization
- Item reports customization
- Company and financial reports customization
- Payroll and employee reports customization
Important: Each group of reports takes the details from the company file in different ways and that is why all the available groups of reports are different. Ensure the report source and targets before customizing the reports.
Open Bills Of Required Dates
- Navigate to Reports and then go to Vendors and Payables. Select Unpaid Bills Details from the options.
- Tap on Customize Report and choose Advance.
- Tap on As Of Report Date from Open Balance/Aging option
- Tap Ok option.
- Insert the accurate date on the report.
- Tap on Memorize to save the report for future references.
Run Purchase Order Report Totaled By Vendor
Open Purchase Order Report does not contain the Total By option. However, you can create a Transaction Detail Report which will give you the information on open purchase orders for each vendor.
- Navigate to Reports then Custom Reports. Ove to Transaction Details then and tap on Customize Report.
- Navigate to Filter tab and choose the below-given filters:
- Account = Purchase Order
- Posting Status = Either
- Received = No
- Navigate to Display Tab and then tap on Total By.
- Choose the Vendor.
- Tap Ok option.
Total Vendor Payments Reports
This report has info about each payment to every vendor.
- Navigate to Vendor and select Print/ E-File 1099s
- Tap on 1099 Summary or the Detailed Report.
- Choose All Vendors, All Allowed Accounts from the 1099 options.
- Tap on Ignore Thresholds.
- From the Dates dropdown, insert the desired date range.
Important Note: All vendor reports sent to the vendors will be displayed in the reports you edited. There are some instances when there are multiple columns to show 1099 mapping. (Box 1: Rent, Box 7: Non-Employee Compensation; Uncategorized, Total, etc.). Irrelevant to the mapping, the total column will show every payment.
A Report That Displays How Bill Credits Are Applied
If you follow the path from Files to Print Forms and select Bill Payment Stubs, it gets the Bills displayed. However, this doesn’t display the info about the bill where the credit is applied. You can see the bill credits in this report.
Single Bill Credit
Start the Transaction History Report for a Single Bill Credit
- Navigate to Reports and go to Vendors & Payables. Select Vendor Balance Reports.
- Select the accurate vendor.
- Choose the Bill Credit and hold CTRL + H buttons for Transaction History
- Tap on Go To option from the Transaction History-Credits. This will open the bill.
Edit the Check Detail Report if you need a report for multiple bills
- Tap on Reports and select Banking from the options. Tap on Check Details and then click on Customize Report.
- Go to Filters
- Remove the default filters. (example: Account, Amount and Detail Level)
- Select the Date Filter and set the accurate date.
- Select the Name filter and give the proper vendor name.
- Select Transaction Type filter and tap on Bill Credit.
- Hit Ok.
- Choose Memorize if you want to use this for future reference.
Vendor Expenses By Customer: Job
In case you want the report that shows the information about vendor expenses, follow the given steps:
- Navigate to Reports and choose Custom Reports. Tap on Transaction Details.
- Navigate to Display tab:
- Set the proper date range
- Check the Source Name box from the Columns section. This will add it to your columns and then tick the Name box to delete it from the list.
- Tap on Customer from the Total by dropdown.
- Go to the Filters tab and choose the Transaction Type from Filter List.
- Select the proper Transaction Type.
- Hit Ok and this will display the report.
A Report For Purchase And Sales Order By Item
- Navigate to Reports and then go to Custom Reports. Then select the Transaction Details.
- Select the given columns from the Display option:
- Tap on Item Detail.
- Select the following filters:
- Detail Level: All except summary
- Item: All Sales Item
- Posting Status: Non-posting
- Transaction Type: Multiple Transaction Types: Sales Orders and Purchase Order.
Contact QuickBooks Technical Support Team
This blog will help you to customize the vendor reports as per your business needs. If you find difficulties to customize vendor reports and looking for any assistance, you can contact QuickBooks Technical Department. This team is available 24*7 for your assistance. All you have to do is to dial QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-382-7559 and you will be assisted by one of the experts from Supportforerror. The high-qualified ProAdvisors will help you with an instant resolution for your issue. This support is also available with live chat support and email support.